Letters to Pasadena Star News
Written by Eddie Billmeyer
The following letters were written to the Star- News paper of Pasadena California, to reach Dave Matson of Pasadena who was very open in expressing his negative feelings toward Bible believing Christians. The letters I sent to the newspaper editors were never printed.
SCIENCE VS. THEORY (a mere conjecture or a guess) Feb. 06
In reply to Dave Matson on his Noah and his little ark, on the earth being 6,000 years old, on the stars created in one day, and on the earth is flat taught in the bible;
First of all the Bible never said the earth was flat, Dave you need to read Isaiah 40:22 which states the circle of the earth.
Second Noah built the Ark from instruction that were given to him, what type of wood (gopher wood) to be used, make rooms (compartments), cover the wood inside and outside with pitch, with a length of three hundred cubits (450 ft), a width of fifty cubits (75 ft), and height of thirty cubits (45 ft), to also have a window of one cubit (18 in.) and a door (no size given), to have a lower deck a second deck and a third deck, Genesis 6:13-16. Just think of this: "The Ark is in the shape of a box without a bow or stern, because there was no need to steer or travel forward, only to keep water out and to float, this was not a little Ark!" Men today are still looking for the Ark do you think they will find it?
Third the Bible never said that the earth was 6,000 years old. The earth was without form, and void, covered with water, and darkness was on the face of the deep, if you were looking through space you would not be able to see earth because of the darkness, but earth would still be there Genesis 1:2. In the beginning the heavens and the earth were created, it does not say when in the beginning earth and the heavens were created Genesis 1:1. Tell me if man can put an age on the heavens?
Fourth the Bible never said that the stars were created in one day. The stars were spoken into existence! Let there be light and there was light (this was in the first day) Genesis 1:3. Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth (this was in the fourth day) Genesis 1:14. In order to give light there has to be stars, we know stars have to come before light is given. We today consider the sun to be a star. We consider the moon to be a satellite that revolves around the earth.
A man name Moses wrote this over 5,000 years ago and he said God was the Creator Genesis 1:1-31. Moses wrote the books of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. Have your doubts if you must, but be true and accurate with your comments and study the Bible for yourself.
There are four elements we canít live without, air, water, food, and light, I am sure you can name more, but where did they come from and how did they get here?
Dave please read your Bible and check up for yourself on what other men have said before you repeat them. Ed Billmeyer South Pasadena
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - End of Letter- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
SCIENCE OR THEORY (a mere conjecture or a guess) MAR. 06
That which is in a FIXED CYCLE around us
As we go through life we become so busy with the things we must do just to survive that we miss what is happening around us. Major things go on around us that we just ignore, and that will determine the very life that we live. As I go into this list, letís understand something, the following that happens here on earth fallows a fixed cycle and they will not change from this cycle. A cycle is a complete set of events that are regularly recurring. For every young person in school, three things, I would like you to do now.
- The following is a list of questions on subjects that do affect our very lives. Can they be proven by science or theory?
- How many of the questions can you answer to be true?
- What came first the chicken or the egg?
Here are the questions - - - -
Can earth produce grass/vegetation on itís own? Such as Crab grass, wheat, rye, barley, oats, corn, squash, pumpkin, water-melon, cantaloupe.
Can grass/vegetation produce seed after itís kind? Such as carrots, potato, peas, tomato, celery, lettuce.
Can herbs produce seed after itís kind? Such as mint, thyme, basil, sage.
Can fruit trees produce seed after itís kind? Such as apple, orange, pear, plum.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Can the lights (stars) in the heavens be used for signs, seasons, days and years?
Does the sun in the heavens rule (shine) by day and the moon rule (shine) by night? Give light by day and night.
Does the waters (oceans) of the earth bring forth living creatures on itís own? Such as whale, porpoise, dolphin, crab, oyster, fish, shrimp, lobster.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Do birds produce seed after their kind that fly above the earth and fly across the face of the earth? Any bird that is warm-blooded, two-legged, vertebrates with feathers and wings. Such as sparrow, pigeon, blue bird, crow, dove, crane, eagle, sea gull, hawk, chicken.
Does the earth bring forth living creatures that produce seeds after itís kind? Such as the groundhog, skunk, possum, armadillo, field mouse.
Does every creeping thing on the earth produce seed after itís kind? Such as lizard, gecko, horned toad, chameleon, iguana, alligators, salamanders, crocodile.
Does man produce seed after their kind? Chinese, Japanese, German, English, African, French, Greek, Iranian, Irish, Mexican, Spanish. Do they have dominion over the fish of the sea, the birds that fly in the air, the animals in the field?
- - - - - - - - - - -
Can every herb that produces seed, every fruit tree that produces seed be food for man?
Can the green herb be food for every beast of the field, every bird of the air, and for everything that creeps on the earth that has life within them?
- - - - - - - - - - -
Noticed with all the above, is that the grass/vegetation, herbs, fruit trees, stars, sun, moon, water, birds, earth, creeping things, man, the following;
- They all came first.
- Second that they all had to produce seed.
- Third that the seeds, which they were to produce had to be, only after their kind.
- Fourth that they were to reproduce many times over, set in motion, never ending!
- Fifth each had a mission to accomplish in their life span, can you name all of their missions?
This is the order in which the Creator had established at the very beginning!
And through all these years this order has not changed with any of the above subjects!
Men today are still asking the same questions they have been asking for years; "Where did earth/moon/sun/stars come from, how did we humans get here on earth, what are we here for, what happens to us after we die, is there a heaven or hell, are we the only humans in the universe, are there other universes like ours, is there water/vegetation/any kind of life on other planets, can life like ours live on other planets, and the list will go on and on?"
Open your Bible now and read in Geneses 1:10-31, God saw everything He had made, and indeed it was very good! Remember all this can be proven by science! True science can be repeated over and over again, always ending with the same results. The only thing that has to be taken by faith is; "That the Creator Lord God do all this!"
While you are thinking about all I have written, ask yourself this question; "If the Creator did not create these many beautiful things, how did they all get here on planet earth about the same time?" None of the other planets in our universe have any kind of life on them!
Wouldnít you like to study into each of the above subjects for yourself, each has their very own story to tell you. Do away with all of them at once and try and think what our life would be like, it wouldnít be life at all!
The tents of robbers proper, and those who provoke God are secure in what God provides by His hand.
- But now ask the beasts, and they will teach you;
- And the birds of the air, they will tell you;
- Or speak to the earth, and it will teach you;
- And the fish of the sea will explain to you.
- Who among all thesedoes not know that the hand of Lord has done this,
- In whose hand is the life of every living thing,
- And the breath of all mankind?
- Does not the ear test words and the mouth taste its food?
- Wisdomis with aged men, and length of days, understanding.
Remember all of the above subject, are each on or in a fixed cycle, there will be no changing of their pattern in reproduction during the course of time, they all will produce only after their kind! All are still producing after their kind today and will continue long after we are gone. God planned it this way, He finished what He set out to do, established and set in motion not only for our knowledge, understanding, discretion, but also for our protection and that we all might have a wholesome life.
God did this for mankind, that man might know God and glory in his CREATOR and in turn give glory to the Lord God of heaven and earth.
For your information, God blessed all the above subjects and commended them to be fruitful and to multiply, during the time that Adam and Eve were created and placed in the Garden of Eden.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -END of Letter - - - - - - - - - - -
Wisdom & Science Working Together Apr. 06
What I am about to give, every student in school needs to know before they begin to study on any given subject. There is a great difference between manís wisdom and Godís wisdom. God has allowed man to use His wisdom. There is this pattern that the Creator God has given for every man, woman and child when learning from His wisdom;
- Wisdommust be followed by: - - - Instructions - - -Knowledge - - - Understanding - - - Discretion. Four simple steps we must perform by ourselves when handling wisdom.
The Creator wants all mankind to be educated in wisdom:
- To know wisdom and instruction, from these two,
- To perceive the words of understanding (discerning),
- To receive the instruction (educating),
- Of wisdom (soundness or skills),
- Justice (impartiality), and judgment (comparing/deciding),
- And equity (net worth),
- To give prudence (fine distinction)
- To the simple, to the young man knowledge (enlightenment) and Discretion (freedom to make decisions). Proverbs 1:1-4
This is the same principle for teaching in any of our schools. The teacher must study wisdom, be given instructions about the wisdom, gains knowledge from these instructions, understands how to use this knowledge, can now use discretion for making right decisions to properly apply this wisdom in their life and in their classroom.
They are now able to teach our children by using the same pattern for educating each student! If a teacher is able to do this with each student, they should be highly honored for their teaching ability. For they have completed what is called the Learning Curve.
Far to often a student learns the knowledge from the instructions given to them about wisdom all right, but failed to understand how to use this knowledge in their life, there in lies the breakdown!
But where can wisdom be found? And where is the place of understanding? Man does not know its value, nor is it found in the land of the living. The deep says, "It is not in me." And the sea says, "It is not in me." It cannot be purchased for gold, nor can silver be weighed for its price. It cannot be valued in the gold of ophir, in precious onyx or sapphire. Neither gold nor crystal can equal it, nor can it be valued in pure gold. From where then does wisdom come? And where is the place of understanding? It is hidden in the eyes of all living, and concealed from the birds of the air. Job 28:12-21
A wise man (or woman) will hear and increase learning. A man (or woman) of understanding will attain wise counsels, to understand a proverb and the interpretation, the words of the wise and their dark sayings. The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. But fools despise wisdom and instructions.
My son (daughter), hear the instruction (advice) of your father, and do not forsake the law (all she has given entirely of herself) of your mother, for they will be graceful ornaments (that which is added to a persons character) on your head, and chains (for identification on who you are) about your neck. Proverbs 1:2-9 (Your father and mother are both given to you, to train and bring up to be a totally wholesome person).
Wisdom calls aloud outside; She rises her voice in the open squares. She cries out in the chief concourses, at the openings of the gates in the city she specks her words: How long you simple ones, will you love simplicity? Proverbs 1:20-22 ("Wisdom is saying learn from me!")
King Solomon asked Creator God for wisdom with an understanding heart. God granted him wisdom with great understanding and largeness of heart. Solomon gave us 109 verses in the book of Proverbs where he uses these words: First most used word is understanding, next knowledge, next wisdom, next instruction, and last word was discretion, all structured and written very soberly for our learning! I could give you all 109 verses.
Chief scientist Dan McCleese of JPL said to Staff Writer Elise Kleeman of the Pasadena Star-News, "I was worried because human beings learn by experience, and I had experienced not such great things lately". The Mars Orbitor spacecraft made a very successful maneuver around the planet Mars. Sometimes men only learn by their failures, the successful mission was accomplished because of Wisdom and Science working together, not one without the other.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - End of Letter- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Wisdom & Science at work ("Before anything was") May 06
What you are about to read should cause both of us to think! If together we could just imagine this to take place before us: There is this large void in space called firmament, what should we put in this space that will have a lasting affect on all mankind, for them to see and enjoy all their lives?
If you will, lets shape a large round ball and put it in this void and lets call it earth. Above the earth lets put a heaven filled with stars, a sun and a moon to give light upon the earth. In the heavens lets put clouds filled with water, on the earth a few fountains and streams. How about some majestic mountains, hills, fields, and maybe some dust we could call earth for some flowers. Some large bodies of water we could call seas. How large should the seas be? How many fountains of the deep in the seas shall there be? Where shall we put these fountains to keep the seas filled with water? How large shall we allow theses seas to become, shouldnít we set a limit in the size? How much water should we allow to flow in under the seas and above into the seas? And finally, what shall we let inhabit this beautiful planet we have called earth? This took a lot of thought and time just thinking about all this. It is now time to get some inside information about how all this could and did take place.
Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?
- Tell Me,if you have understanding, who determined its measurements? Surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it?
- To whatwere its foundations fastened? Or who laid its cornerstone, when the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
- Or who shut in the sea with doors, when it burst forth and issued from the womb,
- When I made the clouds its garment, and thick darkness its swaddling band;
- When I fixed My limit for it, and set bars and doors;
- When I said, "This far you may come, but no father, and here your proud waves must stop!"
- Have youcommanded the morning since your days began (were born), and caused the dawn to know its place, that it might take hold to the ends of the earth - - - - - -? Job 38:4-13
The Lord possessed me (wisdom) at the beginning of His way, before His works of old. I (wisdom) have been established from everlasting, from the beginning before there was ever an earth.
When there were no depths I (wisdom) was brought forth, when there were no fountains abounding with water. Before the mountains were settled, before the hills, I (wisdom) was brought forth, while as yet He had not made the earth or the fields, or the primeval dust of the world.
When He prepared the heavens, I (wisdom) was there, when He drew a circle (earth) on the face of the deep, when He established the clouds above, when He strengthened the fountains of the deep, when He assigned to the sea its limit, so that the waters would not transgress His command, when He marked out the foundations of the earth, then I (wisdom) was beside Him, as a master craftsman; and I (wisdom) was daily His delight, rejoicing always before Him, rejoicing in His inhabited world, and my (wisdom) delight was with the sons of men. Proverbs 8:22-31
The word "me" or letter "I" for wisdom is used eight times in the above three paragraphs, bible scholars tell us eight is the number of perfection. So we can safely say; "Earth was made for man".
These are my thoughts: When He prepared, when He drew a cycle, when He established, when He strengthened, when He assigned, when HE marked, what was the Creator working on? I will call them out, the heavens, the earth in space, the clouds above the earth, the fountains of water, the sea, the foundations for earth, nothing was done without wisdom right there with Him. A lot of planning and preparation went into all this, nothing ever happened on its own! There are six (again bible scholars say that is the number of man) projects here that the Lord pacifically completed. "All for Man!" The Big Bang theory not with standing!
The heavens, even the heavens, are the Lordís: But the earth He has given to the children of men. Psalm 115:16
God is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened himself against Him and prospered? He removes the mountains, and they do not know when He overturns them in His anger; He shakes the earth out of its place, and its pillars tremble; He commands the sun, and it does not rise; He seals off the stars; He alone spreads out the heavens, and treads on the waves of the sea; He made the BEAR (Constellations or Arcturus), ORION, and the PLEIADES (the Seven stars), and the chambers of the south (direction); He does great things past finding out, yes, wonders without number. Job 9:4-10
He stretches out the north (direction) over empty space; He hangs the earth on nothing. He binds up the waters in His thick clouds, yet the clouds are not broken under it. Job 26:7&8
God understands its way, and He knows its place.
- For He looks to the ends of the earth, and sees under the whole heavens, to establish a weight for the wind, and mete out the waters by measure.
- When He made a law for the rain, and a path for the thunderbolt, then He saw wisdom and declared it; He prepared it, indeed, He searched it out.
- And to man He said, "Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom, and to depart from evil is understanding." Job 28:23-28
I will leave you with this thought in mind: The Creator gave earth to man for his care and welfare, but He did not give man the heavens above, man is to look into the heavens and see the greatness (or the grandeur) of his Creator. The heavens declare the glory of God! On earth, man is to take in all the handy work of his Creator and give glory to God!
Could any of this been done without wisdom and science and last but not the less "Without God all working together? Our children need to see this for themselves!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -End of Letter - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Fixed Planets in our Universe June 06
As you know, as of today we know that Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto are all Planets that orbit around the Sun. All have FIXED ORBITS in our solar system and all will not move out of their orbits (the actual path taken by a celestial body during its periodic revolution around another body).
Now isnít that strange when we consider the Big Bang Theory, why did all the Planets with all their Satellites suddenly stop, when they were going through space at such a tremendous speed at their precise location today? Because they have, we have learned many mysteries about each of these Planets and their Satellites!
- Mercury is the eight largest planet in our solar system, the nearest to our sun, at a diameter of 4,880 km (3,030 mi), revolution of 88 earth days, period of rotation of 58.65 earth days, has no satellites.
- Venus is the six largest planet in our solar system, the second in distance from our sun, at a diameter of 12,100 km (7,520 mi), revolution of 225 earth days, period of rotation 243.01 earth days, has no satellites.
- Earth is the fifth largest planet in our solar system, the third in the distance from our sun, at a diameter of 12,760 km (7,930 mi), revolution of one earth year, period of rotation 24 hours, has one satellite.
- Mars is the seventh largest planet in our solar system, the fourth in distance from our sun, at a diameter of 6,790 km (4,220 mi), revolution of 1,88 earth years, period of rotation of 24,62 hours, has two satellites, named Phobos and Deimos. "Has an even number of satellites!" "Why not an odd number of satellites?" "Just a coincidence?" "I donít think so!"
- Jupiter is the largest planet in our solar system, the fifth in distance from our sun, at a diameter of 142,980 km (88,848 mi), revolution of 11.86 earth days, period of rotation of 9.92 hours, has sixteen satellites, the names are Metia, Adrastea, A malthea, Thebe, Io, Europa, Ganymede, Callisto, Leda, Himalia, Lysithea, Elara, Ananke, Carme, Pasiphae, Sinope. Has an even number of satellites! "Just a coincidence?" " I donít think so!"
- Saturn is the second largest planet in our solar system, The sixth in distance from our sun, at a diameter of 120,540 km (74,900 mi), revolution of 29.46 earth years, period of rotation of 10.67 hours, has eighteen satellites, the names are Pan, Atlas, Prometheus, Pandora, Epimetheus, Janus, Mimas, Enceladus, Tethys, Telesto, Calypso, Dione, Helene, Rhea, Titan, Hyperion, Iapetus, Phoebe. Has an even number of satellites! "Just a coincidence?" "I donít think so!"
- Uranus is the third largest planet in our solar system, the seventh in the distance from our sun, at a diameter of 51,120 km (31,770 mi), revolution of 84.02 earth years, period of rotation of 17.24 hours around an axis tilted 98 deg. to itís orbital plane, has twenty satellites, the names are Miranda, Ariel, Umbriel, Titania, Oberon, Cordelia, Ophelia, Bianca, Cressida, Desdemona, Juliet, Portia, Rosalind, Belinda, Puck, Caliban, Stephano, Sycorax, Prospero, Setebos. Has an even number of satellites! "Just a coincidence?" "I donít think so!"
- Neptune is the fourth largest planet in our solar system, the eight in the distance from our sun, at a diameter of 49,530 km (30,789 mi), revolution of 164,78 earth years, period of rotation of 16.11 hours, has eight satellites, the names are Naiad, Thalassa, Despina, Balatea, Larissa, Proteus, Triton, Nereid. Has an even number of satellites! "Just a coincidence?" "I donít think so!"
- Pluto is the smallest planet in out solar system, the ninth in the distance from our sun, at a diameter of 2,290 km (1,420 mi), revolution of 248.4 earth years, period of rotation of 6.39 hours, has one satellite, its name is Charon and it is as large as Pluto. Some think that Pluto/Charon as a double planet rather than a planet and a moon.
You might ask: "What are you driving at?" Just this, "Without the above information, such as: A planets distance from our sun, its diameter, its revolution, its period of rotation, its elliptical orbit around the sun, we could not send our spacecrafts to any of the planets or their satellites! If only to study their atmosphere, surface condition or underground features.
- Once every 175 years the planets Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune are in alignment. Making it easy for a Spacecraft to visit all four planets.
- Voyager 1 & 2 visited the four planets and 48 moons of the planets 52 moons.
- On Jupiterís moon Lo, Voyager 1 found 100 times as much volcanism as on earth.
- On Jupiterís moon Europa, Voyager discovered thick crust of ice.
- On Saturnís moon Titan, Voyager detected an atmosphere similar to earths but without oxygen, and with rainstorms of liquid nitrogen. With a surface temperature of Ė388 Fahrenheit, and has Geysers erupting from its polar caps.
We know a lot more about all these planets that I have not written. What I would like to ask: "Did all of this just happen without a master mind, or just on its own?" How long have we known about the planets? A long time, but we have learned so much more in our generation! Again I would have to ask, "By Science or Theory?"
There is one verse in the bible that speaks volumes, it is this, "The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament (earth) shows His handiwork. Day unto day utters speech and night unto night reveals knowledge. There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard. Their line has gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world." Psalm 19:1-4. You have just read some of Gods wisdom, will you honor any of it, or will you say; "I donít/canít understand it".
I will close with this; "Our Creator loves numbers, here is a list of numbers that will be of help as you read through the bible.
Number One = UNITY - - - Number Two = WITNESS - - -
Number Three = DIVINE NUMBER - - - Number Four = EARTH NUMBER - - - Number Five & Ten = COMPLETENESS - - - Number Six = NUMBER OF MAN - - - Number Seven = PERFECTION - - - Number Eight = NEW BEGINNING - - -
Number Twelve = GOD"S GOVERNMENTAL RULING AND REIGNING
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -End of Letter- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
FIXED STARS in the Heavens, Science or Theory JULY 06
All children young and old in school need to know about the stars in the heavens, not enough is given to students about their existence. Did you know that all stars are in a FIXED ORBIT. That they will not depart from their orbit, that they all have names, that they differ greatly from each other, that there are so many they can not be counted. You might say; "What is so great about all you have said!"
- Just this, our sun is a star in our universe and it is in a fixed orbit it is not standing still in place.
- The main stars in the heavens that we watch daily, move through the heavens all together, always holding a given position in a fixed orbit never leaving it.
- Because of this fixed orbit we use the stars in the heavens for signs and seasons. We also use the stars for days and years.
- The fixed orbit allows us to trace back the stars in the heavens at the time of our birth.
- All of the stars and planets with satellites stay in position throughout our solar system and it is such a beauty to behold!
- There are planets that have their own satellites the satellites are in a fixed orbit around each of these planets.
- The planets with their satellites are in a fixed orbit around the sun.
- This fixed orbit allows us to know where the stars and planets are at all times.
- What is so great about all this, we found this out in our generation!
- We have learned how to send robots spacecrafts to different planets in our solar system by using the gravitational pull of each planet.
- By using the gravitational pull of a planet the robot spacecraft can be pulled towards each individual planet, the spacecraft can travel from planet to planet.
- If you or any school in the area wish to know more about the stars and the planets, call JPL in Pasadena and ask to see or receive pictures of stars or planets. They may even send someone to your school!
The following is what I found out about the stars and other celestial bodies in the heavens from my everyday reading of the bible.
God made the Great Bear, the Pleiades and Orion
- - - - He seals of the STARS; He alone spreads out the heaven, - - - - He made the Bear, Orion, and the Pleiades - - - - Job 8:7-9
He made the Pleiades and Orion; - - - - - -. Amos 5:8
Can you bind the cluster of the Pleiades (the seven STARS), or loose the belt of Orion?
Can you bring out Mazzaroth (the twelve signs of the Zodiac) in its season?
Or can you guide the Great Bear (Constellations or Arcturus, Ursa Major) with its cubs?
Do you know the ordinances of the heavens?
Can you set their dominion over the earth? Job 38:31-33
God ordained the STARS in the heavens!
When I consider Your (lord God) heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained - - - -. Psalm 8:3
ALL STARS follow Gods Fixed (Orbit) Ordinances!
(A fixed orbit is a path that a celestial body takes during a periodic revolution around another celestial body). Thus says the Lord, who gives the sun for light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and the stars for light by night - - - - Jeremiah 31:35
God counts and calls all the STARS by name!
He counts the number of stars, He calls them all by name. Psalm 147:4
God created the STARS, brings stars out by number,
Calls them by name, none is missing!
Lift up your eyes on high, and see who has created these things (STARS), who brings out their host by number; He calls them all by name, by the greatness of His might and the strength of His power; Not one is missing. Isaiah 40:26
Vast number of STARS that cannot be counted
Or numbered by man!
Then He (Lord God) brought him (Abram) outside and said, "Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them". And He (Lord God) said to him (Abram), "So shall your descendants be". Genesis 15:5
The sun, moon and STARS all have glory of their own,
That differs from each other!
There are also celestial (heavenly) bodies and terrestrial (earthy) bodies, but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars, for one star differs from another star in glory. 1 Corinthians 15:40 &41
God has established His Angels,
His Hosts, Sun, Moon, and STARS forever!
Praise the Lord from the heavens - - - in the heights - - - His angels - - - His hosts - - - sun and moon - - - all you Stars of light (some stars do not give light) - - - you heavens of heavens - - - waters above the heavens! Let them praise the name of the Lord, for He commanded and they were created. He has also established them forever and ever; He has made a decree, which shall not pass away. Psalm 148:1-6
Look at the highest of STARS and say what does God know!
Is not God in the height of heaven? And see the highest stars, how lofty they are! And you say what does God know? Can He judge through the deep darkness? Thick clouds cover Him, so that He cannot see, and He walks above the circle of heaven. Job 22:12-14
What you are about to read,
Should cause your hair to stand on end
If the stars in heaven would change their orbit in space; "The seed of Israel would cease from being a nation forever!" If man could measure the heavens, search out the earth foundations beneath, "God would cast off all the seed of Israel!"
Thus says the Lord,
Who gives the sun for light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and the stars for a light by night, who disturbs the sea, and its waves roar - - -
If these ordinances deport from Me, says the Lord, "Then the seed of Israel shall also cease from being a nation before Me forever."
Thus says the Lord: If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, "I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, says the Lord. Jeremiah 31:35-37
Well this is it, I have given you a lot to think about and I would only ask of you - "Not to dismiss anything I wrote from your thoughts!"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -End of Letter- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What is man that you are mindful of him? August 06
When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and the stars, which You have ordained, what is man that You are mindful of him, and the son of man that You visit (give attention to or care for) him? For You made him a little lower than the angels, and You crowned him with glory and honor. You made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet, all sheep and oxen Ė even the beast of the field, the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea that pass through the paths of the seas, O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is Your name in all the earth! (Today that would not be a statement but a question!) Psalm 8:3-9
Lord, what is man, that you take knowledge of him? Or the son of man, that You are mindful of him? Man is like a breath, his days are like a passing shadow.
Your hands have made me and fashioned me, an intricate unity; yet You would destroy me. Remember, I pray, that You have made me like clay. And will You turn me into dust again? Did You not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese, clothe me with skin and flesh, and knit me together with bones and sinews? You have granted me life and favor, and Your care has preserved my spirit. And these things You have hidden in Your heart - - - - Job 10:8-13
What is man, that You should magnify him, that You should set Your heart on him, that You should visit him every morning, and test him every moment? Job 7:17&18
This is just a little of what the Lord thought of man. I believe I can safely say "He made earth just for man, a place we can live, breath in, sleep in, eat in, with all its beauty around us, and with all the riches He has given us to live with.
Most people donít see or feel any of it and yet it is He that has given them all a life that they can live with, to make this life what ever they wish, good or bad, happy or sad, lucky or unlucky it is all up to them what they make of their life. Life is filled with things we have no control over, that do happen to all of us without any acceptance. But this is what we have our Lord for, to help us through those hard times of heartaches, not as a bandage to cover over our sorrows, But just to know that He is with us and going through what ever it may be. A child of the King, under the wings of an angel, in the hands of His Son, covered over with the hands of our Father in heaven.
There has been so much said about man today, where he came from, how he came into being, that he is was no more than an animal, his beginning was with no intelligence, slow in learning. Came from the ocean like a fish with legs, crawled up on dry land, changed to a lizard, to a bird, than to something that went about on all four, final learn to stand upright and walk on his two legs. I donít know when he was able to talk and take care of himself, to do things for himself, what a gruesome and discussing picture we are given by learned men on the history of man. This is given in picture form to our children in school classrooms as though this is how man really developed.
I would like to present to you a different picture of man from a total different prospective, from the Bible! THE FIRST MAN
- There was only one man called Adam by the lord, ever created, wonderfully made with a body, soul and a spirit (a triune being, three in one), made in the image and likeness of God, formed from the dust of the earth.
- The first man ever to have the breath of life breathed into his body by his Creator.
- Man became a living being, upright, intelligent, able to talk, take orders and told what work he was to perform, walk, see with his eyes, feed and take care of himself, was given a free will to choose and make decisions. Before the fall sinless, knew only good, and after the fall knew good and evil, he lost direct communication with God, but God never lost communications with man. And still far superior to any animal.
- Every beast of the field and every bird of the air were brought to Adam and he named them all.
- His Creator said it is not good that man should be alone, He make the first man a helper comparable to him.
- The Creator caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam and while he was asleep He took one of his ribs and closed up his flesh.
- From the rib taken from Adam He made into a woman and brought her to Adam.
- Adam said: This is now bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh; she shell be called woman, because she was taken out of man.
- A far cry from the man of evaluation I would have to say!
THE FIRST WOMAN
- Only one woman called Eve, ever created from the body of a man, the Lord God brought a living being (female) to Adam.
- A helper comparable to man, equal to him in every way, bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh.
- Made upright, with a body, soul and a spirit (also a triune being), intelligent, spiritual, emotional, wonderfully made, she too was made in the likeness and image of God.
- Also given a free will, to choose, to make decisions, just like Adam before the fall sinless, she too lost direct touch with God, but God never lost touch with her. A she too far superior to any animal.
- She was called Eve by Adam, "Because she was the Mother of all living."
- Adam knew Eve his wife, and she conceived and bore a son called Cain.
- Eve said; "I have gotten a man from the Lord
- Not at all like the woman of evaluation.
THE UNIVERSAL LAW CALLED MARRIAGE
- Given by his Creatorto a man and a woman what is now called the universal law of marriage, for all mankind to follow in every nation of humans.
- The responsibility for the marriage was placed on the manís shoulders.
- He was the one to leave his father and mother.
- He was to be joined to his wife (marriage) and they are to be one flesh.
- The man is the head of the family and responsible for keeping the unity of marriage,
- This unityof husband and wife was not to be broken.
- Husband and wife are to have relationship with each other.
- This was Godís plan and this was given to Adam and Eve before the fall.
- Relationship was not only to multiply, but also to promote love and companionship between husband and wife.
- Husband and wife were to have children, son or daughter, a family.
- From the husband and wife comes a family tree, of relatives.
Have you ever heard of or seen anything more beautiful than a family of husband, wife
and children all together as one? "Thank the Lord for His wonderful gift of marriage for all mankind. It does not matter one bit what man or woman think of marriage, "Marriage is God ordained not man ordained!"
The Son of God sent to earth by His Father to Redeem Fallen mankind
God made a commitment to Adam, Eve, and Satan that went far into their future, ours too, because of the fall of mankind. Man could-not and can-not redeem himself, only far superior
- To the serpent He said: "And I will put enmity (hostility) between you and the woman, and between your (serpent) seed and her (Eve) seed; He (Jesus Christ) shall bruise your head (serpent), and you (serpent) shall bruise His heel (Jesus Christ)." Genesis 3:15
- Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel, which is translated, "God with us." Matthew 1:22, Isaiah 7:14
- For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given, and the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6
- For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever (make yourself the whosoever) believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
The Great I AM of the Old Scriptures Revealed
- Most assuredly, I (Jesus the Christ) say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but is passed from death into life. John 5:24
- Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life,
John 6:47 I am the Bread of Life - John 6:35 & 6:48
I am the Light of the world - John 8:12 & 9:5
I am the Door - John 10:7 & 10:9
I am the Good Shepherd - John 10:11 & 10:14
I am the Resurrection and the Life - John 11:25 & 26
I am the Way, The Truth, and the Life - John 14:6
I am the True vine - John 15:5
- This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent John 6:29
- For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives His life to the world. John 6:33
Power to lay down His Life and power to take it up
- Therefore My Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it up again. No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This command I have received from My Father. John 10:17&18
The Holy Spirit to convict men of Sin, Righteous, and Judgment
- But now I go away to Him (Father) that sent Me, and none of you asks Me, "where are You going?" But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. Nevertheless I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the helper (Holy Spirit) will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Of sin, because they do not believe on Me (the Son of God);
Of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more;
Of Judgment, because the ruler (Satan) of this world is judged. John 16:5-11
God was manifested, justified, seen, preached, believed on, received in glory
- And the word became flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14
- And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: "God was manifested in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up in glory. 1 Timothy 3:16
Manifested in the flesh, (John 10:30, John 12:9, John 17:21 & 22).
Justified in the (Holy) Spirit, (Matthew 3:16 & 17).
Seen by angels, (Matthew 28:1-8).
Preached among the Gentiles, (Romans 11:11-14).
Believed on in the world, Colossians 1:5 &6, 23).
Received up in glory, (Luke 24:51).
- That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of Life - - the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that Eternal Life which was with the Father and was manifested to us - - that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ. And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.1 John 1:1-4
I will draw to a close, with this because if you have read all my letters, you need to know that I am a Christian and I believe that the Bible is the word of God.
- "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." "All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made." "In Him was life, and the life was the light of men." "And the light shines in the darkness and the darkness did not comprehend it. John 1:1-5
I believe the Word here is the Son of God, I believe He was with God (in the beginning of creation) and He was God. What we are being told here is about the Triune God (three in one), "The Son, the Father, and the Holy Spirit." Everything in Geneses the first chapter was made through the Son and without the Son nothing was made! The Son was the one that gave life to all the living beings.
Thank you for reading my letters may God bless you all. Ed Billmeyer South Pasadena
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -End of Letters - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Return to Top Return to Navigation