January Ė 2001
To: Jim, Ray, Weyman, Nathan, Bill, Jim (My Son). This is letter #15
Brother Jim, brother Ray, brother John, brother Delbert, brother Ralph, I did receive the letter from the L. A. brethren marking me as a Heretic (A Heretic is a brother who has beliefs that are opposed to the basic teachings of the Word of God.) You can mark me as a Heretic, but I know in my heart I am not. This is the second time in my Christian life where a church organization has marked me as a Heretic. The first time this happened I didnít know what the word Heretic meant, but I do now. Joan of Ark was burned at the stake because they called her a Heretic. I believe she really thought she was doing the will of God.
Because of the marking from the L. A. brethren of me as "a Heretic (a divisive brother) and a Railer," brother Jim, my letters to you and for you, are now open letters to all and for any who wish to read or know what I wrote to you about. I have kept them as closed letters until now, now they are open letters.
"One mans justice is another mans injustice." Waldo Emerson
I am sorry, who ever wrote this letter that you felt in your heart you needed to mark my wife just because she has not been a part of your fellowship for years, she has her own personnel reasons for this. You will have to excuse me brethren, I thought our fellowship was in the Lord not in the assembly! My wife and I do have fellowship with and in our Lord and have not broken off any fellowship with Him or with His Children, that we will never do.
My response to brother Jimís letter is because of what I have found in the Bible while trying to understand what he (Jim) had written to me not my wife. As I read over all fourteen of my letters again, I can see where you may have thought I was trying to correct him (Jim) and I am sorry for my poor writing. I thought he (Jim) was my brother in the Lord and that we could have an open conversation about the things of the Bible.
I will try again to help any and all of you to try to understand me: "Marking to be avoided" is scriptural and as I read His Word, I found out that the ones that were Marked to be avoided were "false teachers" not believers in Christ. Believers in the Lord were to be marked so others could see that they were examples to be followed as to how they should be walking in the Lord. The other Marking of Christians were to help them understand what they were doing, that was not honoring to the Lord or what was causing others not to have Christian fellowship with them, but Never to Avoid them. Brother Jim if you feel that this is teaching you, a minister of our Lord, what can I say? I am not a teacher, I could not teach a bird to fly, our Lord and the Holy Spirit are the ones that can do that.
When I was employed at JPL as a Quality Assurance Inspector there were times both in the field, and at the Lab in Pasadena, that I made people angry with me not because I wanted too. I did not always as an inspector would say; "buy their product," that did not meet the contract that JPL and the company signed. I would reject hardware because of visual, mechanical, or electrical defects, but I also as an electrical engineer had to work with engineers of companies to clean up their product. Nobody likes someone that will not accept an item; there is anger that is placed on the inspectorís shoulders, this was all part of my job.
My asking for certain brethren to meet with me, three marked brethren, and what the subject would be falls in line with the above paragraph. I sent a complete package to each of these brethren. Letter #9, letter # 12 and letter # 14 so that they could review these letters before we meet. I truly believed that all these brethren together could help me to understand what I had found from the scriptures I had been reading.
I do understand that any reading of any letter as to how that letter is read, is in the mind of the reader. The emotions (sad, happy, angry, etc.) of any person at the time of the reading will play a large part in the reading. As to how fast or how slow a person reads will also play a large part. I have written letters to my Aunt and Uncle while I was in service over seas and I have gotten letters back from them, so angry at me, that I had to say to myself: "What did I write?"
My letter to brother James Cox in Virginia was because when Sue and I were first married my company sent me back to Maryland and we came in contact with some believers in Virginia. Among those believers were James and his family. They became mentors to me on how I should love my wife and what marriage was all about. I wanted to love Sue as James loved Burnadette, and if our Lord were to allow Sue and I to have any children I wanted to raise them as they were raising their children. I did see in them true Christian love for each other. If I got into trouble with young Christian men at the Naval Base, I could go to James and he would help me. I was writing letter after letter to Jim and not getting any response from him, I truly felt that James would give me an honest answer, I never did hear from James.
Brother John you and your wife during my heart problems visited my wife and me only once.
Brother Ralph though we have family ties together when was the last time you visited with Sue and I and had just a good family time together? Brother Delbert when was the last time you and your wife visited with Sue and I to find out how we were doing? Yes I know you can find fault with Sue and I and we do have faults, but I have to say, you all are to be the strong ones in the Lord, we are the weak ones.
Truth and Accuracy of Godís Word
Brother Jim, I have always been amazed with the truth of Godís Word and the accuracy in which Godís Word is recorded. I found I could trust Godís Word above manís words. That Godís Word would never fail me where manís word would. I found that man could not leave Godís Word alone they have to change Godís word to suit whatever they were involved with. But true men of God loved Godís Word and used Godís Word in their service for their Lord.
Brother Jim this truth and accuracy of Godís Word cemented my faith in God. I could always look to Him and into His Word to help me in my life at any time, night or day, sadness or happiness, weakness or strength.
What do you think our Lord wanted us to learn from the kings of Judah?
OBEY THEM THAT HAVE THE RULE OVER YOU!
Then one came and told them, saying: "Look, the men whom you put in prison are standing in the temple and teaching the people!"
Then the captain went with the officers and brought them without violence, for they feared the people, lest they should be stoned. And when they had brought them, they set them before the council. And the high priest asked them, saying: "Did we not strictly command you not to teach in this name? And look, you have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this Manís blood on us!"
Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said: "WE OUGHT TO OBEY GOD RATHER THAN MEN!" Acts 5:25-29
"And we have His witnesses to these things, and also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who OBEY Him." Acts 5:32
"For some time ago Theudas rose up, claiming to be somebody. A number of men, about four hundred, joined him. He was slain, and all who OBEYED him were scattered and came to nothing." Acts 5:36
"After this man, Judas of Galilee rose up in the days of census, and drew away many people after him. He also perished and all who OBEYED him were dispersed." Acts 5:37
"O Foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not OBEY the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?" Galatians 3:1
What were they to OBEY here? Was is not the truth that they had received?
"You ran well. Who hindered you from OBEYING the truth?" Galatians 5:7
Who had hindered the Galatians from OBEYING the truth?
"Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to OBEY, to be ready for every good work - - - " Titus 3:1 Who were they to OBEY?
The Epistle to the Hebrews
Many Jewish believers have accepted Jesus Christ so the writer is explaining (exhorting) to them to go on to perfection (Completeness). The temple is still standing. Judaism is still going on. These Jewish believers need to be taught the difference between Christianity and Judaism. The perfection in them has to do with the Lord Jesus Christ now in their lives.
In Matthew our Lord spoke to the multitude of Jews and to His disciples exhorting them:
- "The scribes and the Pharisees (Are rulers over them at this time) sit in Mosesí seat."
- "Therefore whatsoever they tell you to observe, that observe and do."
- "But do not according to their works; for they say, and do not do." Matthew 23:1&2
What are they (Jewish Christians) being taught from the writer of the book of Hebrews? Letís just go and follow through the scriptures for just the one word "better" and find out!
- Having (our Lord Jesus Christ) become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. Hebrews 1:4
- But, beloved (Jewish Christians), we are confident of better things concerning you, yes, things that accompany salvation, though we speak in this manner. Hebrews 6:9
- Now beyond all contradiction the lesser (Aaronic Priesthood) is blessed by the better (Melchizedek Priesthood). Hebrews 7:7
- For the law (of Moses) made nothing perfect; on the other hand, there is the bringing in of a better hope, through which we draw near to God. Hebrews 7:19
- By so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant. Hebrews 7:22
- But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises. Hebrews 8:6
- - - - And according to the law (of Moses) almost all things are purged with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no remission. Therefore it was necessary that the copies of the things in heaven should be purified with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. Hebrews 9:22&23
- For you (Jewish Christians) had compassion on me in my (Paul) chains, and joyfully accepted the plundering of your goods, knowing that you have a better and an enduring possession for yourselves in heaven. Hebrews 10:34
- But now they (Jewish Christians) desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them (those Jewish believers). Hebrews 11:16
- Women (Jewish believers) received their dead raised to life again. And others were tortured, not accepting deliverance, that they might obtain a better resurrection. Hebrews 11:35
- And all these (Jewish believers), having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise, God having provided something better for us that they should not be made perfect apart from us. Hebrews 11:39&40
- But you (Jewish Christians) have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly (family of God) and church of the firstborn (believerís throughout all ages) who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than Abel (Am I my brotherís Keeper). Hebrews 12:22-24 (The "grand finally" of all the verses on things better.)
"And having been perfected (Jesus Christ), He became the Author of eternal salvation to all who OBEY Him." Hebrews 5:9 "Who were they to obey?"
"By faith Abraham OBEYED (Who did he obey?), when he was called to go out to the place which he would afterward receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going. Hebrews 11:8
"Remember THOSE (more than one) that rule over you (Jewish Christians), "Who have spoken the Word of God to you (Jewish Christians)," "whose faith follow," considering the outcome of their conduct (Jewish apostles)." Hebrews 13:7
The writer here is asking the Jewish Christians to remember those that rule over you, there are conditions that the Jewish Christians must see in these servants of God!
These servants of God are to be speaking (and have spoken) what our Lord wants them to give. They have spoken the Word of God (we have just read twelve chapters of what was given) to those Jewish Christians!
These Jewish Christians are to see their (the servants of the Lord) Faith following them in our Lord and that their (the servant of the Lord) faith is in the Word of God!
The Jewish Christians are to observe their conduct and what the outcome that their conduct brings (the end results)!
This is not a blind following of any man! We found that out by observing the kings of Israel and Judah. That if you just followed a king or ruler, that you could be sinning against the Lord our God!
Please note There is another thought coming out of these scriptures ;
- The Jewish Christians are to see their own faith in the Lord is it following them!
- The Jewish Christian are to understand that their own faith has to be in the Lord!
- The Jewish Christians are to be aware of their own Christian conduit!
- The Jewish Christians are to observe what the end results will be of their own Christian conduit!
"OBEY THOSE (how many were there? One, twelve or more?) Who rule over you (Jewish Christians), and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those that must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you." Hebrews 13:7
Who were they that these Jewish Christians were to OBEY, that rule over them?
Were they not the scribes and the Pharisees that sit in Moses seat?
Were they not subject to the rulers and authorities over them in the land?
Were they not the twelve apostles, elders, and deacons?
Were they not the rulers of the synagogue? One whoís name was Sosthenes who was beaten before the judgment seat of Gallio by accusing Jews?
Were they not the high priest (Ananias) and all the council of the elders that were over the Jewish people?
Were they not Porcius Festus who succeeded Felix, and how about king Agrippa who the apostle Paul had to appear before?
"Greet ALL THOSE (elders, deacons, bishops) who rule over you (Jewish Christians), and all the saints. Those from Italy greet you. Hebrews 13:24
To continue with: "Obey them that have the rule over you."
King David before he died said to his son who was to be king over the children of Israel:
"I go the way of all earth; be strong therefore, and prove yourself a man."
KEEP THE CHARGE of the LORD YOUR (OUR) GOD - - - To WALK IN HIS WAYS -
To KEEP HIS STATUTES - - - To KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS - - -
To KEEP HIS JUDGMENTS - - - And to KEEP HIS TESTIMONIES - - -
AS IT IS WRITTEN IN THE LAW OF MOSES
That you may prosper in all that you do and wherever you turn - - -
> That the Lord may fulfill His Word which He spoke concerning me - - -<
"If your sons take heed to their ways - - -
To Walk before ME in truth with all their heart and soul" - - -
He said: "You shall not lack a man on the throne of Israel."
Brother Jim, I believe that not only were the Kings (rulers) to keep themselves pure before the Lord their (our) God, by walking in what king David had given to his son Solomon, but to also teach the children of Israel to walk in these things!
What did you think of king Rehoboam not preparing his heart to seek the Lord in his life?
"He forsook the law of the Lord and all Israel along with him."
"If you had OBEYED king Rehoboam would you have been sinning before the Lord our God?"
2 Chronicles 10:1-5
Rehoboam went to Shechem, for all Israel had gone to Shechim to make him king.
So it happened when Jeroboam the son of Nebat heard it (he was in Egypt, where he had fled from the presence of Solomon the king), that Jeroboam returned from Egypt.
Then they sent for him and called him. And Jeroboam and all Israel came and spoke to Rehoboam, saying;
"Your father made our yoke heavy; now therefore, lighten the burdensome service of
your father and his heavy yoke which he put on us, and we will serve you."
So he said to them: "Come back to me after three days." And the people departed.
2 Chronicles 10:6&7 Then king Rehoboam consulted the elders who stood before his father Solomon while he still lived, saying: "How do you advise me to answer these people?"
And they (elders) spoke to him, saying: "If you are kind to these people, and please them, and speak good words to them, they will be your servants forever."
"Brother Jim, was this godly advice from the elders?"
2 Chronicles 10:8-11 But he rejected the counsel, which the elders had given him, and consulted the young men who had grown up with him, who stood before him.
And he said to them: "What advice do you give?" How should we answer this people who have spoken to me, saying: "Lighten the yoke which your father put on us?"
Then the young men who had grown up with him spoke to him, saying: Thus you should speak to the people who have spoken to you, saying: "Your father made our yoke heavy, but you make it lighter on us" - - - thus you say to them: "My little finger shall be thicker than my fatherís waist!"
"And now, whereas my father put a heavy yoke on you, I will add to your yoke; my father chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scourges!"
"Brother Jim, was this godly advice from the young men?"
2 Chronicles 10:15-19 So the king did not listen to the people; for the turn of affairs was from God that the Lord might fulfill His Word, which He had spoken by the hand of Ahijah the Shilonite to Jeroboam the son of Nebat.
Now when all Israel saw that the king did not listen to them, the people answered the king saying:
"What portion have we in David?"
We have no inheritance in the son of Jesse.
Every man to your tents, O Israel!
Now see to your own house (descendants), O David!"
So all Israel departed to their tents.
But Rehoboam reigned (ruled) over the children of Israel who dwelt in the city of Judah.
Then king Rehoboam sent Hadoram, who was in charge of revenue; but the children of Israel stoned him with stones, and he died. Therefore king Rehoboam mounted his chariot in haste to flee to Jerusalem.
So Israel has been in rebellion against the house of David to this day.
Brother Jim, the advice that the elders had given king Rehoboam was the right advice; the advice that the young men had given king Rehoboam was the wrong advice. "King Rehoboam could not have stopped the dividing of Israel and Judah, but he could have kept the children of Israel from sinning before the Lord their (our) God by taking the advice of the elders!"
Brother Jim, "Who caused this division between the children of Israel and the children of Judah?"
"Wasnít it Almighty God, because of His anger with Solomon, because his heart had turned from the Lord God of Israel, who had appeared to him twice?"
And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods; but
that he should keep what the Lord had commanded.
Therefore the Lord said to Solomon; "Because you have done this, and have not kept My
covenant and My statutes, which I commanded you, I will surely tear the kingdom away
from you and give it to your servant."
Nevertheless I will not do it in your days, for the sake of your father David; but I will tear it
out of the hand of your son (Rehoboam).
However I will not tear away the whole kingdom, but I will give one tribe to your son
(Rehoboam) for the sake of my servant David, and for the sake of Jerusalem which I have
chosen. 1 Kings 11:9-13
"What did you think of king Abiah walking in the sins of his father and that his heart
was not loyal to the Lord his God?"
"If you had OBEYED king Abijah would you have been sinning before the Lord our God?"
"What did you think about king Asa doing what was good and right in the eyes of the
"If you were OBEYING king Asa would you be OBEYING the will of the Lord our God?"
"What did you think of king Jehoshaphat who walked in his fathers sins and would not
turn aside from them to do what was right in the sight of the Lord?"
"If you had OBEYED king Jehoshaphat would you have been sinning before the Lord our God?"
"What did you think of king Joram who walked in the way of the kings of Israel and
did evil in the sight of the Lord?"
"If you had OBEYED king Joram would you have been sinning before the Lord our God?"
"What did you think pf king Ahaziah who walked in the ways of the house of Ahab with
his mother counseling him to do wickedly? That he did evil in the sight of God, like
the house of Ahab, who were his fathers counselors till his fatherís death and to his
"If you had OBEYED king Ahaziah would you have been sinning before the Lord our God?"
"What did you think of what king Ahaziahís mother Athaliah who after the death of her
son tried to destroy all the royal heirs of the house of Judah?"
Now when Athaliah heard the noise of the escorts and the people, she came to the people, into the temple of the Lord.
When she looked there was the king (Joash) standing by a pillar according to the custom, and the leaders and the trumpeter were by the king. All the people of the land were rejoicing and blowing trumpets. Athaliah tore her clothes and cried out, "Treason! Treason!"
Then Jehoiada the priest commanded the captains of the hundred, the officers of the army, and said to them, "Take her outside under guard, and slay with the sword whoever follows her." For the priest had said, "Do not let her be killed in the house of the Lord."
So they seized her; and she went by way of the horsesí entrance to the kingís house, and there she was killed. 2 Kings 11:13-16
"What did you think of king Joash who did what was right in the sight of the Lord, until
the death of Jehoiada the priest? Then turned from the Lord to listen to the leaders of
Judah and left the house of the Lord to serve wooden images and idols. Who didnít
seem to care if Godís wrath came upon the children of Judah or the city of Jerusalem?"
"If you had OBEYED king Joash would you have been sinning before the Lord our God?"
"What did you think of king Amaziah who did what was right in the sight of the Lord, but not with a loyal heart?"
Now it was so, after Amaziah from came the slaughter of Edomites, that he brought the gods of the people of Seir, set them up to be gods, and bowed down before them and burned incense to them.
Therefore the anger of the Lord was aroused against Amaziah, and He sent him a prophet who said to him, "Why have you sought the gods of the people, which could not rescue their people from your hands?"
So it was, as he talked with him, that the king said to him, "Have we made you the kingís counsel? Cease! Why should (shouldnít) you be killed?" Then the prophet ceased, and said, "I know that God has determined to destroy you, because you have done this and have not heeded my counsel." 2 Chronicles 25:14-16
After the time that Amaziah turned away from following the Lord, they made a conspiracy against him in Jerusalem, and he fled to Lachish: but they sent after him to Lachish and killed him there.
Then they brought him on hoses and buried him with his fathers in the city of Judah.
2 Chronicles 25:27&28
"Yes, sad to ask:" "If you were OBEYING king Amaziah would you have been sinning before the Lord our God?"
"What did you think of king Uzziah who did what was right in the sight of the Lord?"
"If you had OBEYED king Uzziah would you be OBEYING the will of the Lord our God?"
"What did you think of king Jotham who did what was right in the sight of the Lord, who grew mighty because he prepared his ways before the Lord his (our) God?"
"If you had OBEYED king Jotham would you have been OBEYING the will of the Lord our God?"
"What did you think of king Ahaz who walked in the ways of the kings of Israel and in the times of distress became increasingly unfaithful to the Lord? And did not do what was right in the sight of the Lord?
"If you had OBEYED king Ahaz would you have been sinning before the Lord our God?
"What did you think of king Hezekiah who did what was right in the sight of the Lord? He trusted in the Lord. He held fast to the Lord. The Lord was with him. He humbled himself before the Lord for the pride in his heart not only for himself, but also for the inhabitants of Jerusalem?
"If you had OBEYED king Hezekiah would you be OBEYING the will of the Lord our God?"
"What did you think of king Manasseh who did evil in the sight of the Lord and did the abominations of the nations that the Lord cast out?"
"If you had OBEYED king Manasseh would you have been sinning before the Lord our God?"
"He rebuilt the high places which his father Hezekiah had broken down."
"He raised up altars for the Baals, and he made wooden images."
"He worshiped all the host of heaven and served them."
"He built altars in the house of the Lord."
"He built altars for all the host of heaven in the two courts of the house of the Lord."
"He caused his sons to pass through the fire in the valley of the Son of Hinnom."
"He practiced soothsaying, used witchcraft, sorcery, consulted mediums and spiritists."
"He did evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke Him to anger."
"He set a carved image, the idol which he made, in the house of the God."
"He seduced Judah to do more evil than the nations whom the Lord had destroyed."
"What did you think of king Amon who did evil in the sight of the Lord, who did not
humble himself before the Lord and trespassed more and more as he grew older?"
"If you had OBEYED king Amon would you have been sinning before the Lord our God?"
"What did you think of king Josiah who did what was right in the sight of the Lord and walked in the ways of his father David and he did not turn to the right hand or left, he stayed right with the Lord his God?"
"If you had OBEYED king Josiah would you be OBEYING the will of the Lord our God?"
"What did you think of king Jehoahaz who did evil in the sight of the Lord, according to all that his fathers had done?"
"If you had OBEYED king Jehoahaz would you have been sinning before the Lord our God?"
"What did you think of king Eliakim who did evil in the sight of the Lord his God?"
"If you had OBEYED king Eliakim would you have been sinning before the Lord our God?"
"What did you think of king Jehoiachin who did evil in the sight of the Lord?"
"If you had OBEYED king Jehoiachin would you have been sinning before the Lord our God?"
"What did you think of king Zedekiah who did evil in the sight of the Lord his God and did not humble himself before Jeremiah the prophet who spoke from the mouth of the Lord?"
"If you had OBEYED king Zedekiah would you have been sinning before the Lord our God?"
Brother Jim, please donít answer any of these questions quickly, but think on each one and read about the them in 1 Kings, 2 Kings, 1 Chronicles, 2 Chronicles, Ezra and Nehemiah.
Let me put this in the most, simplest way of understanding, to that which king Josiah found:
Remember king Davidís words: be strong - - - prove yourself a man - - - keep the charge of the Lord your God - - - walk in His ways - - - keep His statutes - - - His commandments - - - His judgments - - - His testimonies, as written in the law of Moses!
"That the kings of Judah (twelve bad kings) and Israel themselves had (first) SINNED by forsaking the Lord their (our) God in their lives." "These kings (RULERS) had gone bad."
"That the kings of Judah and Israel had (second) CAUSED the children of Judah and Israel to forsake the Lord their (our) God in their lives." "The PEOPLE as a whole had gone bad."
"The children of Judah and Israel each on their own had (third) FORSAKEN the Lord their God in their lives." "Each individual person of Judah and Israel turned away from the Lord their (our) God."
- The book of the law that the Lord had given to Moses, was written for the children of Israel "to live by," not to live by what the Lord had given then, was sinning against Almighty God!"
"King Josiah a good RULER of Judah did what was right in the sight of the Lord"
- When king Josiah heard the words of the law, he tore his clothes, because the words of the Book were concerning the king and all those that were left in Israel and Judah.
- King Josiah understood from the words of the Book, that their fathers had not kept the Word of the Lord, to do according to all that is written in this book.
- King Josiah also understood this was why the wrath of God was so greatly poured out on them.
- To king Josiah the Lord said: "Behold I will bring calamity on this place and on itís habitants, all the curses that are written in the book, because (1) "they have forsaken Me," and (2) burned incense to other gods, (3) that they might provoke Me to anger, with all the works of their hands. (4) Therefore My wrath will be poured out on this place, and not be quenched."
"When king Josiah heard these words, did the words of God make a change in his life?"
- The Lord God of Israel said to king Josiah: Because (1) your heart was tender, and (2) you humbled yourself, before God, (3) when you heard His words against this place and itís inhabitants, and (4) you humbled yourself before Me, and (5) tore your clothes and wept before Me. "I have heard you, says the Lord."
"King Josiah stood in his place (as king) and made a covenant before the Lord:
- To follow the Lord
- To keep His commandments
- To keep His testimonies
- To keep His statutes with all his heart and soul
- To perform the words of the covenant that was written in
the Book of the law of the Lord, given to Moses
2 Chronicles 34:14-33 (the above sound like what king David said)
"Why are the letters that the apostle Paul wrote to the early church so important to us Christians today?"
- "Because these letters were written FOR the church which is Christ Body, to OBEY and to live by."
- "For all believers and unbelievers the world over; to BELIEVE the truth of Godís word, to LIVE their Christian life by and to SERVE the Lord Jesus Christ."
- "Not to believe the truth of these letters, to live by and to serve our Lord Jesus Christ would be SINNING against Almighty God."
"Just as king Josiah stood in his place (as king of Judah) and made a covenant before the Lord his (our) God, we as Christians should do the same and I do believe some of us have, as shown by the letters they have written to those that should be ministering the truth from the word of God."
Make a covenant before the Lord
- To follow the Lord
- To keep His commandments (His written Word)
- To keep His testimonies
- To keep His statutes with all our heart and soul
- To perform the words of the letters He (our Lord)
Had the Apostle Paul write in the letters to the early churches
Brother Jim, when you FORCE Christians "TO BELIEVE YOU" or be MARKED to be AVOIDED "above" Godís Written Word, that He has given by the apostle Paul for all believers the world over TO WALK IN - - - "YOU" are CAUSING them to SIN against Almighty God!
Brother Jim, you cannot and must not come BETWEEN a believer and God. God holds each believer responsible on how he or she walks before Him. When the believer he or she allows "YOU" or any man to come between them and the Lord, they are SINNING against Almighty God, because they have "LET YOU" become "the LORD" of their life and to be "their God!"
Some of our brethren that have STOOD up to "YOU" by not "OBEYING YOU", I believe were in the will of God. Because they BELIEVED WHAT the word of God said on the subject of MARKING. "OBEYED" the word of God by STANDING for the word of God. Above all that was "ministered contrary" to the written word of God.
So "YOU" need (as a minister) to judge on this matter!
- Were "THEY" SINNING before God by STANDING UP to "YOU"?
- Or were "YOU" SINNING before God by WANTING them to "OBEY YOU" "INSTEAD" of Godís written word?
Brother Jim, I truly would like YOU to see what this is all about!
- I donít want YOU "to be" sinning against God.
- I do not want YOU "to be" sinning against Godís children.
- I do not want YOU "to be" the cause of Godís children sinning against Almighty God!
This is the one thing I believe that is being done with this False Doctrine on Marking! I do believe this false doctrine on marking has caused the DIVISION in our Christian Walk.
Brother Jim, "Did Almighty God cause this division between our Christian brethren as He did when He tore the kingdom from king Solomonís hand when He divided the kingdom between Israel and Judah?" "If you believe He did, will you show me in scripture where He said this would happen in the church which is His Body?"
Brother Jim, "Donít "YOU" see and understand this is what I see from the scriptures that the kings of Judah and Israel were doing before their (our) Lord God, and that is why I believe God was so angry with them."
- Some of the kings of Judah and Israel were themselves, sinning before God.
- Some of the kings were CAUSING (seducing) the children of Judah and Israel to sin before God by FOLLOWING the kings in their sins.
- Some of the children of Judah and Israel themselves by OBEYING the kings were sinning before Almighty God.
1 Kings 19:18 "Yet I have reserved seven thousand in Israel, "ALL" whose knees have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth that has not kissed him." Also in Romans 11:2-5
Isaiah 45:22 "Look to Me, and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other."
Psalm 95:6&6 "Oh come, let us worship and bow down; Let us kneel before the Lord our maker. For He is God, and we are the people of His pasture, and the sheep of His hand."
In Ephesians 3:14-20 "This prayer for realization is for US! by the apostle Paul."
- "For this reason I (Paul) bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named;
- That He may grant YOU, according to the riches of His glory, to strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner (spirit) man
- That Christ may dell in YOUR hearts through faith; that YOU, being rooted and grounded in LOVE, may be able to comprehend "with ALL the saints" what is the width and the length and depth and height - - - -
- To knowthe LOVE of Christ which passes knowledge; that YOU may be filled with all the fullness of God."
"Why donít we bow our knee now, while there is time!" - - - "To him that knows to do good and does it not, to him it is sin." James 4:17
Philippians 2:9-11 "Therefore God also has highly exalted Him (Jesus Christ) and given Him the name which is above every name, "that at the time of Jesses" every knee should (without any pressure from God) bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and that every tongue should confess (because of our love of the Lord) that Jesus Christ "is Lord", to the glory of God the Father.
Love and Obeying of God is a Personnel Matter
Brother Jim my love for the Lord and my obeying the Lord is a personnel matter between the Lord and me. This comes above anything else I may do or say in this world. It has to become number one in every Christian life. For any man to think that they should, must or can come between a believer and their Savior, of any Christian is unthinkable. We as Christians must obey God in our life first and man second.
Brother Jim from your letters to me, I have the strong feeling that I must obey you above everyone else! I as a Christian must obey the Lord above any man, not to do this would be a denial of the Lord in my life. And I will not do that for any man no matter how godly he may think he is!
God only will give Rest or Unrest in heart, soul and spirit of man
Brother Jim the Lord lets me know very strongly if I am not obeying Him, I will not have rest in my heart, soul, or spirit. He is Lord of my life or He is not Lord at all. I will not give His place in my life to any man!
What a Christian brother SAYS to me does MOVE me whether it be good or bad
Brother Jim does a statement like this bother you? "If an individual tells us that he or a Select Group have the authority to apply a scripture beyond the setting of the text and beyond the purpose for which it was written, would this bother you?" (Brother Lorenís letter)
Brother Jim does a statement like this bother you? "I can no longer support and maintain the wholesale marking of the Oliver family and the marking of those who could not commit themselves to support that judgment!" (Brother James Cox letter)
Brother Jim again what about this statement: "THE LEADERSHIP has told us we must agree with their decisions and their doctrine and we must stand with their markings or we will be marked also, does this bother you?" (A brother in Christ, "Unknown" but he had the courage to write)
Brother Jim what about this statement: "Here, these were the men we (his family) had placed our (his) confidence in and yet they were not handling things biblically." As a man of God, wouldnít this make you wonder, what is going on?" (Brother Ron Blainís letter)
Brother Jim, and what about this statement: "Should I follow leadership and counsel by brethren, in "standing with" a marking (the handing a man (brother in Christ) over to Satan), when God Doesnít Recognize the marking?" This would blow my mind if someone said this to me! I would have to say to this brother: "You had better explain this in detail to me!" (I have withheld this brotherís name.)
Brother Jim for the past fourteen months I have written you a letter, one a month, and telling you, what my Lord has placed upon my heart to write to you. I am just one of many godly witnesses that have been trying to reach out to you, about this "false doctrine on marking" that has turned our assemblies into what?
The Ministry of brother Ed. Stevens, brother Wilbur Johnson, brother James Cox, brother Bob Thompson, brother Maurice Johnson, all servants of our Lord Jesus Christ, were blessed by our Lord, to have a following of true believers through out the years of their ministry.
It was because of their God fearing ministry that the Lord our God allowed us as Christians to be drawn to them to hear the Word of God spoken before us in truth. We that were drawn to these ministers heard the word of God spoken. Because the one that was speaking believed with the honesty of their heart and spirit, that what they were giving was true. They had proven this to themselves first by the word of God. The Holy Spirit within them had confirmed the word of God within them.
Because of their ministry, we that were in sectarian denominations were drawn out to them to hear what God wanted us to hear. We that loved the Lord and wanted the Lord to be part of our Christians lives had the desire to grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord. When these ministers of our Lord spoke the truth of Gods Word, His Word became a vital part of our daily Christian lives that we could not and did not want to live without.
From their ministry the bible was opened to me, I began to understand what my Lord was trying to give me for the first time, that was to become a part of my Christian life. What they gave me helped me to become a strong Christian in my thoughts, words, and deeds. For the first time I felt the real joy of being a Christian and living for the Lord Jesus Christ and not just for myself.
These men became my source for bible knowledge. But I was always reminded by them, "Do not take my word for this, read and prove it for yourself." As I heard the word spoken from their lips and reread the words they had spoken from the word, I proved for myself that what they were saying was true. As I began to believe them and trust them my confidence in them grew and this established my fellowship with them.
Yes there were times I did not understand what they were giving, but the more I studied what they were giving, the more I began to understand what they were saying. The more it became a part of my Christian life.
Brother Jim, I do believe a great change has come over the assemblies that I use to meet with. To me there is a Lord-Ship over believers I have not seen before. Not from the Lord but from those that minister to them, this may offend you my brother, but this is what I see.
Brother Jim, brother Ed Stevens would never have allowed the Riverside assembly to become what it has become today!
Brother John, brother Delbert; brother Maurice or brother Wilbur would never have allowed the L.A. assembly to become what it has become today!
Brother Weyman; brother Maurice or brother Burl would never have allowed the Sacramento assembly to become what it has today!
Brother Ralph; is this what your great grandfather brother Lyman H. Johnson saw what the fellowship on the body of Christ should be?
GOD'S GLORY AND MAN'S DOMINION
- O Lord, our Lord, How excellent is Your Name in all the earth: You set, Your glory above the heavens!
- Out of the mouth of babes and infants: You have ordained strength; Because of Your enemies that: You may silence the enemy and the avenger.
- When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon, and the stars, which You have ordained,
- What is man that You are mindful of him, and "the son of man" that You visit him?
- For You have made him a little lower than the angels, and You have crowned with glory and honor.
- Youmade him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet,
- All sheep and oxen - - - - even the beast of the field,
- The birds of the air, and the fish of the sea that pass through the paths of the seas.
- O Lord, our Lord, How excellent is Your Name in all the earth! Psalm 8:1-9
THE WORKS AND WORDS OF GOD
The heavens declare "the glory of God"; and the firmament shows His handiwork. Day unto day utters speech, and night unto night reveals knowledge. There is no speech or knowledge where their voice is not heard. Their line has gone out through all the earth, and their words to the ends of the earth. Psalm 19:1-4
In them He set a tabernacle for the sun, which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoices like a strong man to run itís race. Itís rising is from one end of heaven, and itís circuit to the other end; and there is nothing hidden from itís heat. Psalm 19:4-6
- The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul;
- The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple;
- The statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart;
- The commandments of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes;
- The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever;
- The judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether. Psalm 19:7-9
More to be desired are they than gold, Yea, than much fine gold; Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them Your servant is warned, and in keeping them there is great reward. Psalm 19:10&11
Who can understand his errors? Cleanse me from secret faults. Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous (going beyond what is right) sins; Let them not have dominion over me. Then I shall be blameless, and I shall be innocent of great transgression. Psalm 19:12&13
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14
WHO IS THIS KING OF GLORY?
- The earth is the Lordís and all its fullness, the world and those who dwell therein.
- For He has founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the waters.
- Who may ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who may stand in His Holy place?
- "He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who has not lifted up his soul to an idol, nor sworn deceitfully."
- "He shall receive blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of his salvation."
- This is Jacob, the generation of those that seek Him, who seek Your face. Selah
Lift up your heads, O you gates! And be lifted up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory?
- The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle.
Lift up your heads, O you gates! And lift them up, you everlasting doors! And the King of glory shall come in. Who is this King of glory?
- The Lord of Hosts, He is the King of glory. Psalm 24:7-10
POWERFUL IS THE VOICE OF GOD
GIVE unto the Lord, O you mighty ones, GIVE unto the Lord glory and strength.
GIVE unto the Lord the glory due to His name; WORSHIP the Lord in the beauty of holiness.
- The VOICE of the Lord is over the waters; The God of glory thunders: The Lord is over many waters.
- The VOICE of the Lord is powerful; The VOICE of the Lord is full of majesty.
- The VOICE of the Lord breaks the cedars,
Yes, the Lord splinters the cedars of Lebanon. He makes them also skip like a calf, Lebanon and Sirion like a young wild ox.
- The VOICE of the Lord divides the flames of fire.
- The VOICE of the Lord shakes the wilderness; The Lord shakes the wilderness of Kadesh.
- The VOICE of the Lord makes the deer give birth, and strips the forest bare, and in His temple everyone says, "Glory!"
The Lord sat enthroned at the flood, and the Lord sits as King forever.
The Lord gives strength to His people; The Lord will bless His people with peace.
WE ARE TO REST IN THE LORD
- Trust in the Lord, and do good, dwell in the land, and feed on His Faithfulness.
- Delightyourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart.
- Commityour way to the Lord. Trust also in Him, and He will bring it to pass.
- He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as noonday.
- Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him - - - - Psalm 37:3-7
But the meek shall inherit the earth, and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
A little that a righteous man has is better than the riches of many wicked.
- - - But the Lord upholds the righteous. Psalm 37:11, 16&17
The Lord knows the days of the upright, and their inheritance shall be forever.
They shall not be ashamed in the evil time, and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
But the righteous shows mercy and gives, for those who are blessed by Him shall inherit the earth. Psalm 37:18, 21&22
- The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way.
- Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
- For the Lord upholds him with His hand.
- For the Lord loves justice, and "does not forsake His saints"; they are preserved forever.
- The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell in it forever. Psalm 37:23&24, 28&29
The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom, and his tongue talks of justice.
The law of God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide. Psalm 37:30&31
Wait on the Lord, and keep His way, and He shall exalt you to inherit the land:
- MARKthe blameless man, and OBSERVE the upright; for the future of that man is PEACE.
- But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; He is their strength in the time of trouble.
And the Lord shall help them and deliver them; He shall deliver them from the wicked,
- And save them, because they trust in Him. Psalm 37:34, 37, 39&40
Read about the wicked in verses of Psalm 37:1&2, 7-10, 12-15, 17,20-22, 28, 32-36, and 38
- Do not fret because of evildoers - - - nor be envious of the workers of iniquity - - - for they shall soon be cut down like grass - - - and wither as the green herb. Psalm 37:1&2
- Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way - - - because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass - - - cease from anger, and forsake wrath - - - for evildoers shall be cut off - - - for yet a little while the wicked shall be no more - - - Psalm 37:7-10
- The wicked plots against the just - - - and gnashes at him with his teeth - - - the Lord laughs at him - - - for He sees his day is coming. Psalm 37:12&13
- The wicked have drawn the sword and have bent their bow - - - to cast down the poor and needed - - - to slay those who are of upright conduct. Psalm 37:14
- Their sword shall enter their own heart - - - their bow shall be broken. Psalm 37:15
- For the arm of the wicked shall be broken - - - Psalm 37:17
- But the wicked shall perish - - - and the enemies of the Lord - - - like the splendor of the meadows - - - shall vanish - - - into smoke they shall vanish away. Psalm 37:20
- The wicked borrows and does not repay - - - Psalm 37:21
- But those that are cursed by Him shall be cut off - - - Psalm 37:22
- But the descendants of the wicked shall be cut off - - - Psalm 37:28
- The wicked watches the righteous - - - and seek to slay him - - - the Lord will not leave him (the righteous) in his hand - - - nor condemn him when he is judged - - - Psalm 37:32&33
- When the wicked are cut off - - - you shall see it - - - Psalm 37:34
- I have seen the wicked in great power - - - and spreading himself like a native green tree - - - yet he passed away - - - and behold - - - he was no more - - - indeed I sought him - - - but he could not be found - - - Psalm 37:35&36
- But the transgressors shall be destroyed together - - - the future of the wicked shall be cut off - - - Psalm 37:38
Brother Jim, I am reminded of this every time I begin to read in the first chapter of John: "In the beginning was the WORD, and the WORD was with God, and the WORD was God."
- "He was in the beginning with God."
- All things were made through Him and without Him nothing was made that was made."
- "In Him was life, and the life (His life and the life of a Christian) was the light of men."
- "And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it." John 1:1-5
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- That (the WORD) was the true light, which gives light to every man who comes into the world. John 1:9
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- The WORD became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. John 1:17
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. John 3:19
- For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. John 3:20
- But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God. John 3:21
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- But the hour is coming, and now is, when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit (your spirit) and truth, for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. John 4:23
- God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit (your spirit) and in truth. John 4:24
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- How can you believe, who receive honor from one another, and do not seek the honor that comes from the only God? John 5:44
- Do not think that I shall accuse you to the Father; there is one who accuses you - - - Moses - - - in whom you trust. John 5:45
- For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote of Me. John 5:46
- But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My WORDS? John 5:47
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your God. John 8:54
- Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him, and if I say, I do not know Him, I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His WORD. John 8:55
- Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad. John 8:56
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - Are there not twelve hours in the day? If anyone walks in the day, he does not stumble, because he sees the light (Jesus Christ) of the world. John 11:9
- But if one walks in the night, he stumbles, because the light (Jesus Christ) is not in him. John 11:10
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brother Jim, I also believe this: "We also have the prophetic WORD made more sure,"
- "Which you (all of us) do well to heed as a light (WORD) that shines in a dark place,"
- "Until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts,"
- "Knowing this first,"
- "That no prophecy of Scripture is of private interpretation,"
- "For prophecy never came by the will of man,"
- "But holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit."
2 Peter 1:19-21
Brother Jim, I will always hold fast to this belief: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God,"
- "And is profitable for doctrine,"
- "For reproof,"
- "For correction,"
- "For instruction in righteousness,"
"That the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work."
2 Timothy 3:16
Brother Jim, I as a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ want always to hold fast to this: "All Christians are to be diligent to present yourself (Themselves) approved of God,"
- "A worker who does not need to be ashamed,"
- "Rightly dividing the WORD of TRUTH." 2 Timothy 2:15
Brother Jim, I want you as a minister of our Lord Jesus Christ to: "Watch, stand fast in the faith, be brave, be strong."
- "Let all that you do be done with love." 1 Corinthians 16:13&14
This is the last letter I will write to any of you brethren, as a Christian I have done my best to help you my brothers. I am not saying I will not have anything to say to any of you, but because of the Marking, Heretic (a divisive brother) and a Railer, that you all have placed on me you have shut your doors to any of my help.
"Praise the Lord!" My door will always be open to any of you! You are my brothers in the Lord that can never be taken from us nothing can separate us from the Love of our Lord.
Why is it when a letter of marking goes out to a person there is this sentence always added to the letter: "The sad spiritual condition of the person?" My inner spirit condition couldnít be any better "that is my spiritual condition." I am rejoicing in the Lord and His Word. I truly want to walk in Godís Word and I totally believe that when I do not walk in Godís Word that I am sinning before Him.
I once invited my supervisor and his wife, who both are Christians, for dinner one evening. Sue and I had brother Burl over also. After dinner Burl began talking about Salvation of the Lord and the church which Christ our Lord is building. The two of them seemed to enjoy and agree with what Burl was giving. It was what his wife said after Burl finished that I thought was real strange. She answered with: "I do believe all of what you have said and I have meet groups like you, what I didnít like about the group were all the unwritten rules and regulations that they had and that I would never join any of them because I would not be free to serve the Lord."
I know, you will not like what I am about to say but we do have many unwritten rules and regulations that are made to hold us that are not from the Word of God. If you care to find out what they are I will be willing to write another lengthy letter for you. One unwritten rule that is not allowed: "Is called freedom of speech, which by the way is not railing; it is freedom for one to express themselves without having to be Marked to be Avoided, Marked as a Heretic, Marked as a Railer!" "Another is to be allowed to have Christian fellowship with other Christian believers in the liberty that Christ has set all believers free to enjoy!"
Yes I do believe that the leadership of the California assemblies are sinning against the Lord our God by Marking to be Avoided fellow Christians with this false doctrine that someone in leadership has come up with. I have given infallible proof from the Word of God in my ninth letter I wrote and sent to brother Jim Maurer, brother Ray Sharpless, brother Weyman Zelder, brother John Morey, brother Delbert Brittain, and brother Ralph Johnson.
If any of you brethren that are not in leadership wish to receive any of my letters I have written, I will be glad to send them to you.
I do believe we have a POPE that is leading (RULER) over these brethren that are ministering in the California Area, who have been faithful ministers to all of us for years. In which we put our trust and confidence in them because they were faithful to our Lord and to us Christians. And that they are now taking orders from him (the POPE) and not from the Lord our God.
Oh Yes! There is one more thing I need to say before I close this letter: "I began by writing these letters because of the burden that our Lord placed upon my heart, for all those Christians
that were MARKED FALSELY." Out Lord used me as a messenger to place before all of you what HE wanted to tell you! You called this RAILING, the Lord calls it RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION! My Lord has lifted this burden from my heart, because I have been faithful as a brother in Christ should be to those that are ministering for HIM. I truly believe HE has kept me alive all these years after I died in September of 1989, just for this one purpose. HE can now, take me home to be with HIM, I can rest in peace.
The battle is not mine, but our Lords. I am nothing but a saved sinner, by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. "To HIM give the glory!" I remain your brother in Christ our Lord.
This letter is sent to: Brother Jim Maurer, brother Ray Sharpless, brother Weyman Zelder, brother John Morey, brother Delbert Brittain, brother Ralph Johnson.
And I also send this letter to my brother in Christ, who I labored with, in and for our Lord on the east coast, brother James Cox.
Return to Navigation