November Ė 2000
To: Jim, Ray, Weyman, Nathan, Bill, Jim (My Son), this is letter #13
Brother Jim, Brother Ray, Brother Weyman, I would like to tell you what caused me to get into letter writing. One evening I went to Home Depot for something I needed for the Wood Crafts Sue and I were working on. At the time (for years) I was bothered with the thought of marked Christians, why they were all marked I did not know, still this troubled me greatly, the answers I got from fellow Christians did not satisfy my inner spirit, and I could not get this marking out of my system.
When certain marked (I was never told why they were marked) Christians would come to visit me to see how I was doing, because of my heart trouble, I was very fearful of them. I did not want to see them or be found talking to them, but their visits with me were always heart felt and grateful on my part. When they left my home, I felt a joy of just being able to see them; being with them and feeling their love they had for me. And I believe what surprised me the most was the love they showed towards me for our Lord and His Word.
That evening as I walked through the Home Depot door, I was greeted with: "Is that Eddie Billmeyer?" I turned around to see who was calling me, and it turned out to be a marked brother, that I had not see for a long time. I was so thrilled to see him that I went right up to him and said: I cannot give you a holy kiss but I can give you a holy hug! And this is what happened; in that crowded store we hugged each other. I was so glad to see him. I had no thought of him being marked, or that I should not be talking to him, that I should be avoiding him, that I should have a fear for myself and my family, that I could be marked and cut off from my wife and children and have to live the rest of my Christian life as an outcast from all my Christian friends, none of those thoughts entered into my mind, my love for him was so overwhelming that marking went out the door,
This brother asked me what I thought about the markings and I told him they make me sick. We talked for a little while then parted to do our shopping. When I got home I thought about what I had said to this brother of mine in Christ. And I asked myself: "Are you really sick about all these markings?" "Yes I am." "Well: What are you going to do about it?" "What can I do?" "You can write a letter." I canít write a letter, I donít know how. You can at lease try.
The answers I received from you, I have to say were quite a shock, I thought you and Weyman would be more understanding and of course you were not, I never did hear from Weyman.
As I went through your letter trying to understand why you were so upset, I notice that you through out words that by them selves that no meaning and yet together had a very disturbing message to them. As I thought about them, they put a fear into my soul that I could not explain, and yet they were just mire words, true they came from the bible, but they were not Godís words to me, I DID NOT HEAR THE VOICE OF MY LORD AND SAVOR JESIS CHRIST IN THEM. They were words I could find in any dictionary and also in any bible, but put back into their settings, what would they be saying?
By now you must be very acquainted with these words because they are in most all of my letters to you. AVOID Ė PURGE OUT Ė HAVE NO COMPANY WITH Ė DONíT EAT WITH Ė CUT OFF Ė HAVE NO FELLOWSHIP WITH Ė WITHDRAW FROM Ė DONíT PARTAKE WITH Ė BE AWARE OF Ė REJECT Ė AND BE AT PEACE ABOUT IT.
Brother Jim, I would like these words to put terror into your soul as they did to mine.
- If they were true they would change my whole Christian life.
- If they were false they would make me very angry with you for using them out of there context.
- Because of using these words the way you have, would make you a false teacher.
- During the Second World War there were posters around that had Uncle Sam with his finger before his mouth saying: "A slip of the tongue could sink a ship!"
- I do believe you made a slip of the tongue!
I had to find out from the scriptures in the bible if what you were saying was true, and so my hunt for words that were just box cars to me. As I found the words back in their context, their meanings became very clear to me.
- You had taken all these words together out of their settings and made them into a doctrine and are forcing Christians to believe them or be dammed. You became just like my Uncle to me, carrying a twelve gage shot gun, firing it and blowing up what ever he was aiming at, to pieces. With no thought of the consequences you have caused in many Christian lives.
- You may not believe this, but this is what you have done to their Christian lives that our Lord has put into your hands, for you to love, to build up (edifying) in the most holy faith, to nurture, as a father would to his own children, to become addicted to the ministry of the saints. You have put the fear of man into their lives and not the righteous fear of our Lord.
- You caused them to fear you, when you should be fearful for them, of what you are doing to them. You are putting them into bondage before man, when they are to be free to serve their Lord and Saviour in the liberty that our Lord has set (Given) them free. They are children that belong to the Lord, our Lord has shed His blood (life) for them, He has paid the Fatherís price, for all the redeemed and all the unsaved.
- You believe that they were wrong because they stood up to you, when you thought they should have stop talking and listen to what you were saying. And so you felt they were disobeying you. When in fact they were only exercising their God given right to question you about what you were saying.
- You took this as being disobedient to those "that had the rule over them." So they should shout up, sit down, and be quite. Donít say a word that will cause you to understand that you are wrong. That you have misused Godís Word by taken advantage of them, by usurping (to seize and hold by force, without Godís authority, for oneís own use) your authority over them.
- I would like you to see from my letters to you: "That all those that you have marked for not adhering to your markings, were indeed obeying Almighty God and His word.
- Your letter caused me to go over your letter very carefully on what you had written and so my second letter. Your response to my second letter caused me to write a third letter and so on. Your third letter helped me to see you did not want to hear from me, you wanted me to stop bothering you.
- But as our Lord kept putting more and more thoughts and scriptures into my mind, I could only continue writing to you
Brother Jim and Brother Ray, I would like to tell you about an incident that involved Brother James Cox, Brother Woody Hall, And Brother Maurice Johnson.
At The Naval Air Station in Maryland, for me things were going slow, with our test plane making touch and go landings in the morning, tail hook landings in the afternoon, I asked Sue to meet me at the Naval Cafeteria, we could have lunch together and spend some time together.
After our lunch we sat at the table talking when a Second Class Petty Officer came to our table and introduced himself to us. He had notice us holding hands and praying for our food, he wanted to know if we were Christians. We told him we were and I invited him to sit with us. He told us he was a preacher and asked us to come to his Wednesday night meeting at eight. I thought awhile and said we would do that; he gave us direction to his church building.
When I got home after work Sue did not want us to go to this church that we knew nothing about. We had Doria at this time and we did not know how she would behave during a meeting. I didnít have any fears about going out with her and besides he did invite us and we couldnít turn him down. So we loaded up the car and went.
When we got to the church there was only one car in the parking lot. As we enter the church he greeted us at the door, he took us down the basement, which was dark at the time, and I asked him where the light switch was. It turned out there was no electricity or gas turned on; he had only rented the building for one month. He was a full license caring preacher for the Pentecostal Denomination. Before he could have or be called a church, he had to have a minimum of five people in his Congregation.
He brought some chairs for us to sit on and we faced a window through which the sun was shining and setting. I asked him if he believed he was called of our Lord to minister to His children, and he felt he was. I told him if he were really called of the Lord, the Lord would take him to believers (I thought of James coming out of the Baptists).
I asked him if he knew that the Lord was building His own church? All the members in His church are saved and that there are no unbelievers. That all the members make up His body and that not one member could say to another member "I have no need of you." And if he had five or more believers to minister for, he would truly be gifted from God.
As I told him about the one true church, the sun was setting fast, Doria was getting cranky it was past her bedtime, and Sue said I think we should be going to our apartment. I had done most of the talking because if he truly was a minister of our Lord, I wanted him to meet other believer in our Lord and brother James Cox and his family.
When I stopped he said: "You sound just like those people done the road apiece." They call themselves "Camp SAYSF." Translated: "Seek And YE Shall Find." I didnít think much of the name and he couldnít tell me where it was, only down the road apiece. I told him donít count on Sue and I joining his membership, that we were more then satisfied with the church that the Lord Jesus Christ was building. We said our goodbyes and left his church by flashlight.
As the weeks went by I couldnít get the thought of "you sound just like those people done the road apiece." What if they were truly a group of Christians meeting together in the name of our Lord? One evening I took a ride down the road apiece and about five mile out of town, I found the Camp. The sign to the camp was weather beaten but readable, with an arrow pointing up a dirt road. When I got home I told Sue I had found Camp SAYSF and that I wanted to meet these Christians. So one evening we put on our Sunday Best and went a calling.
We turned in at the sign and drove up the dirt road into what looked like the parking area. They were just finishing with supper so we just kind of looked around. We found where the meeting was going to be held that evening and went in and waited for someone to come. As the people started entering, I got up from my chair, went to the door and greeted the people and introduced myself to them: Iím Eddie Billmeyer, Iím a Christian, Iím from California and I shook each persons hand.
One of the people that came into the meeting hall was the Civilian Forman (called to day a Manager) of the Navy Flight Line at the Naval Base. I got to talking to him and making myself friendly. He was the one that was going to give the message that evening. I found out he was the son of the person that was the big fundraiser and founder of the camp.
Sue, I, Doria stayed for the meeting that evening, which was a slide presentation of the starting of the camp from the clearing of the land until the present day buildings. Between each slide he would give a little talk about the slide and give a chance for those in the meeting to give their personnel testimony. About the fifth slide when the chance was given again for anyone to give his or her testimony for the Lord, I raised my hand, and I was told those of the camp first, which I thought was only fair. I never did get the chance to give my testimony.
After the meeting three men came over to where Sue and I were sitting and said: we will hear what you have to give us now. So I told them of the Navy man meeting Sue and I at lunch, going to his church and the name of their camp coming up, and that I was told they believed like I did. As I told them what I believed from the word of God, they would agree they also believed what I was giving. This went on and on with each subject, when I ended all three would say they believed also. None of the three men gave any object to what I was giving and to say the least, I was thrilled.
When it was over I asked if I couldnít bring someone to meet with them and couldnít we set a date and a time for this meeting, they agreed and the date and time was set. I had truly felt, Sue and I had found another assembly meeting just as Christians.
I knew Brother Maurice was in Virginia visiting with Christians and I left word for him, on what I had found, that a date and time were set for this meeting. He let me know that he would be there for the meeting.
When he arrived at our apartment, he had with him Brother James Cox and Brother Woody Hall, I was glad to see all three of these men; they had won my heart long ago, because of their love for the Lord Jesus Christ and His Word. Brother Maurice open up the trunk of his car and asked me what he should take to this meeting. I looked into his trunk and I could see he had brought along his whole library. I was lost for words and he said: "OK! Iíll take along the sword of Godís Word." All four of us went to the meeting in Brother Mauriceís car.
As we drove up the dirt road into the parking area, I looked around at these three men in the car. And I thought: "What a company of men I am with, these are my brothers in the Lord an they wanted to be here with me."
An older man greeted us, about the same age as brother Maurice and the Forman of the Navy Flight Line. We were lead into the eating area where they were finishing up with the breakfast dishes. As we sat down at a table, the older man introduced himself to us; he was a Radio Minister out of New York, belonging to the Brethren Organization.
Brother Maurice looked at me and I just said I didnít know. The older man asked brother Maurice about church discipline, which again surprised all of us. Brother Maurice open up his bible and started in the book of Genesis and didnít stop until he had finished in the book of Revelation. We all were given a crash course on "Godís Discipline" which took well over four hours. You might ask me if brother Maurice knew about church discipline?" And I would have to say, yes he did! He knew where in the Word of God to find the disciplines of God for mankind, for Israel, for the church that is Christís body and in the hours before us, he laid it all out on the table. People came to our table, sat with us, very quietly listened and from time to time others would do the same.
Did brother Maurice know about the Godís Discipline that HE had given to the apostle Paul for the church, which is Christ Body? I will answer again "Yes he did." He could have started in the apostle Paulís epistles but he began in Genesis, I for one was glad that he did. But the New York preacher was totally bored.
- Did what Brother Maurice gave to this New York minister make me an export on Godís Discipline? No it does not, but what it did do, is to help me understand, that Almighty God is the one that sets the boundaries as to the discipline He wants carried out. And that I am accountable to our Lord for what I heard and understand!
Brother Jim, Brother Ray, Brother Wayman, this is what I have been giving you in my letters, "with the help of the Holy Spirit" bringing this back into my mind, from time to time. This is some of what Brother Maurice had given to this Big New York Preacher who had more then one radio station, broadcasting on the East Coast. Was brother Maurice being a servant and solder for our Lord Jesus Christ to this older preacher? Yes he was, in a very quite, sober, loving, and a timely way.
Brother Maurice when we left, he told the three of us why he started in Genesis and not in the church epistles was because he felt that the Big Time Preacher wanted us to leave before he even had a chance to get started! I found this statement later to be true. I saw the young Forman many times when I went into the Navy Flight Line Office to get my planes flight schedule and program (tests) for the week. I would walk towards him, just to say hello, he would turn around and quickly walk away from me.
- Again I will say, just as the bible has covered the Christian family life with itís disciplines, so has the bible covered very clearly on how our Lord Jesus Christ wants disciplines to be handled in His church, which is Christ Body. This discipline question was not left unanswered by Almighty God (for man to answer or settle for Him). He has made it clear in His word that He has provided for us, "IT IS WRITTEN."
Brother Jim, Brother Ray, Brother Wayman, I am going to change the subject and ask the question: "What would cause a Christian father to desert the children of his family?" Who is the head of his family, with fourteen grandchildren?
Is the father a drunkard? No he is not!
Is the father mentally insane? No he is not!
Is the father overtaken in a fault (sin)? No he has not?
Doesnít the father love his children and grandchildren? Yes he does!
Doesnít the father want his children and grandchildren to spend their lives here on earth around him? Yes he does!
Donít his children and grandchildren love their father and grandfather? Yes they do!
Donít his children and grandchildren want to be with their father and grandfather? Yes they do!
What is going on here?
Is not this what any earthly father would want in his life? Yes he does!
To marry a Christian Women, have children that have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as their Savior and Lord of their life? Yes he does!
Doesnít the father want to bring up his children in the nurture (to nourish, feed, educate, train, cultivate) and admonition (to reprove gently but earnestly) of the Lord? Yes he does!
Does the father want to provoke (to incite to anger or resentment) his children to wrath? No he does not!
So whatís going on here?
In order to understand his situation you will have to go beyond what you see in his physical life, and go into his spiritual life.
Something has caused (root) him to change from his normal Christian life that our Lord has given to him.
What has caused him to change from his normal Christian life pattern with his children and grandchildren?
What has happen to this fathers Christian life that would cause (root) him to take such drastic measures in his Christian life?
You might ask: "What are you talking about?" "What has he done?" "Because some of his children are no longer going to the SAME CHRISTIAN MEETINGS with him, he no longer wants anything to do with them.
He believes they have forsaken the true believers that are meeting in the name of our Lord and have therefore left the protective covering that our Lord has provided for all believers (forsake not the assembling of yourselves together and more so as you see the day of our Lord approaching, returning) and because of this he has cut them off from his life?
- Please, letís understand that:
- Our Lord does not have all believing Christians (His church) gathered in one place in this world. (Just look around you, they are all around you!)
- Our Lord has not called out all believing Christians (His church) to gather in one place.
- Our Lord has believing Christians (His church) scattered throughout the world in ever country.
- Our Lord has given the believing Christians (His church) the ability to testify for Him wherever they are in this world.
- Our Lord knows the beginning of the church and when the church will be caught away.
- Our Lord could have written in His Word: "That He wanted all believing Christians to assemble in California, but He did not."
- I believe that true Christians the world over are where Our Lord Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit wants THEM to be, or they would be taken home (to be with our Lord).
Am I stepping on this fatherís toes? No I donít believe so. As you go through this letter you will find out that I have been in this father place myself and with the help of our Lord I was able to have my family with me.
- This father belongs to the Body of Christ and so do some of his children. The Body has many members, so he should not function alone by himself.
- He needs to look around him at other Christian fathers and see how many if any of these Christian fathers are cutting off their children and grandchildren from their life for this same reason. If they are not, does this mean they are less spiritual?
- As the human body has many members and all the members in the human body, work together as one, so does the Body of Christ.
- We know if one member of the human body is hurt, the whole human body is affected.
- Whyis this father suffering alone? Is he suffering? Yes of course he is! What is happening to him, happening to other members around him?
- Whydonít other members of the Body of Christ reach out to him, to help him to understand his reasoning, itís not right?
- Whydonít ministers of the Lord reach out to help him, is it because they also believe what he is doing is right before the eyes of our Lord?
- Whyare they (ministers) letting him face this problem all by himself without any advice from the scriptures?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brother Jim, brother Ray, brother Weyman, I had a similar problem happen to me in my Christian family with a couple of my children. I told them they had to leave our home because they would not believe what I am about to give you.
Yes I put them out from under my protection, my wifeís protection, but I could never put them out from under the protection of our Lord. With no thought of how they would survive in the world around them. My son left our home that same night with these words on his lips: "And this is Love?"
Oh! How I wanted to stop him and say: "No that is not love; itís stupidity!" I thought what I was doing was right in the eyes of our Lord. I was right about the scriptures that I was trying to give them, but I was so wrong on how I handled the whole situation. I do thank my Lord on how He watched over our two children and protected them from any and all harm, when I was righteously blind (stupidity) with self-righteousness.
The subject had to do with the doctrine on Christian marriages and divorcement.
My son at this time had long left meeting with the assembly of Christians that rest of my family were meeting with. What had caused him to leave were little things that ministers from the pulpit were saying that he felt were not true and accurate. And he was meeting with another Christian group of believers. He was still living in my home under my care, so I felt he should be responsible to me, his father.
My oldest daughter was about to marry a divorced man with two small boys. Rumors given to me: "Said that his wife was a Christian and she had converted him over to the lord and that he was a saved Christian." I felt very strongly that he now being a saved Christian should have stayed with his wife, no matter what condition she was in, because she as a believer in the Lord that had brought him to our Lord.
I believed if my daughter were to marry him she would become an adulteress and he would become adulterer. He should be staying with his first wife and working out his problems with her. I tried to bring this to my son and daughters attention, but with no success.
I could not go to my oldest daughters wedding, because I felt so strongly in my belief on marriage and divorce, as you will see in the paragraphs to follow.
At a menís meeting at camp, I was called upon to give an account of all my children, in which I did. One Christian out of about three hundred men said I should put my son and oldest daughter out of my home, because of their disobedience. I can tell you this made me sick. I left that meeting feeling my Lord had forsaken me. I told my wife what had happened and she was like me, we wanted to leave the camp.
Only one Christian came up to me after that meeting and said: "I will be praying for you." I was so upset I could not tell you who that Christian was. My wife and I stayed at camp we did not go home.
In a public meeting with women and children present, a brother in the Lord spoke up and said that the advice given to me was to hard. The Christian that had given me this advice at the menís meeting, spoke up and said that I understood what he meant. I was asked from the pulpit if I understood what he had said. I said I did, this brother had put his only son out of his home for the same reason, and our Lord had taken his son home at an early age and it had broken his heart.
Please remember as we go into this study: "That it is God that brought marriage to man, because He wanted a Godly Seed"
As you go through the following scriptures please bear in mind; that the assembly now believes that two believers married in the Lord, can devoice each other and remarry, without committing adultery!
MARRIAGE BEFORE THE FLOOD
Please notice no mention of divorcement.
Genesis 1:27 & 28. So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them. And God blessed them, and said unto them: Be fruitful and multiply - - - The first marriage of Adam and Eve performed by God, with His blessing, and He told them to be fruitful (children) and multiply (grandchildren).
Genesis 5:1-32. This is the book of the generations of Adam (red earth):
- Adamlived an hundred and thirty years, and begat (became a father to) a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth (appointed); And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat (became the father of) sons and daughters: And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died (Adam lived and died)
- Sethlived an hundred and five years, and begat (the father of) Enos: and Seth lived after he begat Enos (mortal) eight hundred and seven years, and begat sons and daughters: All the days of Seth were nine hundred and twelve years: and he died (Seth lived & died)
- Enoslived ninety years, and begat Cainan (fixed): And Enos after he begat Cainan eight hundred and fifteen years, and begat sons and daughters: And all the days of Enos were nine hundred and five years: and he died (Enos lived & died).
- Cainanlived seventh years, and begat Mahalaleel (praise of God): And Cainan lived after he begat Mahalaleel eight hundred and forty years, and he begat sons and daughters: And all the days of Cainan were nine hundred and ten years and he died (Cainan lived and died).
- Mahalaleellived sixty and five years, and begat Jared (descent): And Mahalaleel lived after he begat Jared eight hundred and thirty years, and begat sons and daughters: And all the days of Mahalaleel were eight hundred ninety and five years: and he died (Mahalaleel lived and died).
- Jaredlived an hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch (dedicated): And Jared lived after he begat Enoch eight hundred years, and he begat sons and daughters: And all the days of Jared were nine hundred sixty and two years: and he died (Jared lived and died).
- Enochlived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah (man of a javelin): And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years and he begat sons and daughters: and all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years: And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him (he lived and never died). (I would like you to take a good look at this man Enoch from Jude verses 14 & 15. And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying: Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, to execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.)
- Methuselahlived an hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech (wild man): And Methuselah lived after he begat Lamech seven hundred eighty and two years and he begat sons and daughters: And all the days of Methuselah were nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died (Methuselah lived and died).
- Lamechlived an hundred eighty and two years, and he begat a son: And he called his name Noah (trembling), saying: This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground, which the Lord hath cursed. And Lamech lived after he begat Noah five hundred ninety and five years, and he begat sons and daughters: And all the days of Lamech were seven hundred seventy and seven years: and he died (Lamech lived and died).
- Noahwas five hundred years old: And Noah begat Shem (renown), Ham (hot), Japheth (wide spreading). And Noah lived after the flood three hundred and fifty years. And all the days of Noah were nine hundred and fifty years: and he died (Genesis 9:28&29) (Noah lived and died). I am missing one year out of Noahís life, letís go back and find it.
- Noahfound grace in the eyes of the Lord. These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generation, and Noah walked with God. And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, Japheth (Genesis 5:8-19).
- Noahwas six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon the earth (Genesis 7:6, here is the one year I am missing)
- Noah;in the six hundred year of Noahís life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened (Genesis 7:11). (I do remember during the Second World War, in the south Pacific, we found fresh water in the middle of the salt water in the ocean, down below the Equator. One of the wells that our Lord was talking about.)
- Noah;the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days (Genesis 7:14).
- Noah;and it came to pass in the six hundredth and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, the waters were dried up from off the earth: and Noah removed the covering of the ark, and looked, and behold, the face of the ground was dry. And in the second month on the seven and twentieth day of the month, the earth was dried (Genesis 8:13&14). (I am sorry I got off my course, I just got carried away with Noah.)
Please note all were married, fathers, all had sons and daughters, all lived and died a grand old age (except one). With no sign of any divorcement among any of these fathers, who were fathers of generations to come.
OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST ANSWERS THE QUESTION ON DIVORCE
Matthew is written to present Jesus Christ as The King of the Jews
Please turn with me to Matthew 19, verses 3 through 12. The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting (testing) him, and saying unto him: Is it lawful (manís law not Godís law) for a man to put away (divorce) his wife for every (any) cause (reason)? And he answered and said unto them: Have you not read, that He which (that) made them at the beginning made them male and female. And said: For this cause (reason) shall a man leave, father and mother, and shall cleave (be joined) to his wife; and the twain (two) shall be one flesh? Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder (separate, divide, cause a division between the two). "This is Godís advice (Permanent Bond) on not putting away a manís believing wife, not manís!"
They (Pharisees) say unto him: Why did Moses then command to give a writing of divorcement, and to put her away?
He said unto them, Moses because of the Hardness Of Your Hearts suffered you to put away your wives: But from the beginning It Was Not So.
And I say unto you: Whosoever shall put away his wife, Except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committed adultery: And whoso marrieth her which is put away (because of fornication) doeth commit adultery.
His disciples say unto him: If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.
(I would like to ask you: Does this seem like a hard saying to you, it was it to His disciples?)
But he said unto them: All men cannot receive this saying, save (except) they to whom it is given.
For there are some eunuchs, which were born from their motherís womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heavenís sake.
He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.
Letís take another look at the same incidence as recorded in the book of Mark
Mark is written to present Jesus Christ as The Servant of our Heavenly Father
Please now turn to Mark 10 verses 2-12. And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him: Is it lawful for a man to put away (divorce) his wife? tempting him.
And he answered and said unto them: What did Moses command you?
And they said: Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and put her away.
And Jesus answered and said unto them: For the hardness of your heart he wrote this precept. But from the beginning of creation God made them male and female.
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave (bond) to his wife; and they shall be one flesh: So then they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder. (And I find nowhere in the bible where God Changed His mind on the marriage vows, of two Christians that God has joined together.)
And in the house his disciples asked him again of the same matter.
And he said unto them: Whosoever shall put away (divorcement, and please notice no mention of fornication) his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. And if a woman shall put away (divorcement) her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.
- Could our Lord speak any plainer? Brother Jim, Brother Ray, Brother Weyman do you believe our Lord brought you and your wife together in marriage? Our Lord wants your marriage and all Christian marriages, to be a God given testimony for all the world (mankind) around us to see the salvation of our Lord in our marriages. "Itís till death do us part!"
Letís take a look into the book of Luke on the same subject matter.
Luke is written to present Jesus Christ as The Son of Man
Please now turn to Luke 16 verses 14-18. And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: And they derided Him.
And He said unto them: Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: For that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
The law and the prophets were until John (the Baptist, Matthew 3:1-12, Matthew 4:17, Matthew 11:11-15): Since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and everyman presseth (forced exerted by God) into it.
And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one title of the law to fail.
Whosoever putteth away (divorcement) his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: And whosoever marrieth her that is put away (divorcement) from her husband committeth adultery.
(The book of John is written to present the Lord Jesus Christ as The Son of God)
PLEASE TURN BACK TO DIVORCEMENT DURING THE TIME OF MOSES
Please turn now to Deuteronomy 24 verses 1-5. When a man hath taken a wife, and married her, and it come to pass that she find no favour in his eyes, because he found some uncleanness in her: Then let him (husband) write her a bill of divorcement, and give it in her hand, and send her out of his house.
And when she is departed out of his house, she may go and be another manís wife.
And if the later husband hate her, and write her a bill of divorcement, and giveth it in her hand, and sendeth her out of his house; or if the latter husband die, which took her to be his wife;
Her former husband, which sent her away, may not take her again to be his wife, after she has been defiled (to make filthy or dirty); for this is abomination before the Lord; and thou shalt not cause the land to sin, which the Lord thy God giveth thee for inheritance.
Please read in Leviticus 20:10-21 about the penalty for committing sexual sins.
Please read in Deuteronomy 22:13-30 about the law of marriage.
LETíS TAKE ANOTHER LOOK AT MARRIAGE IN THE EYES OF THE LORD
Please now turn to Malachi 2 verses 14-16. Yet ye say: Wherefore? Because the Lord hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously:
Yet she is thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant (marriage contract).
And did not He make one? Yet had He the residue (His promise of salvation Genesis 3:15) of the spirit. And wherefore one? That He might seek a godly seed.
Therefore take heed to your spirit (control your spirit), and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.
For the Lord, the God of Israel: saith that He hateth putting away (divorcement): For one covereth violence with his garment (to cover up the shame or nakedness of what he has done), saith the Lord of hosts: Therefore take heed to your spirit (control it) that ye deal not treacherously.
Please take a look at some scriptures that tells us somethingís about mans spirit.
- Proverbs 14:29. He that is slow to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of spirit exalteth folly.
- Proverbs 15:4. A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach of spirit.
- Proverbs 16:32. He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.
- Proverbs 16:19. Better it is to be of a humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.
- Proverbs 16:18. Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.
- Proverbs 18:14. The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear?
- Proverbs 20:27. The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inward parts of the belly.
- Luke 1:46&47. And Mary said: My soul doth magnify the Lord. And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
- John 3:6. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit (Holy Spirit) is spirit (the rebirth of manís spirit in God).
- Acts 5:10. Then fell she (Sapphira) down straightway at his feet, and yielded up the ghost (her spirit) - - -.
- Acts 6:10. And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he (Stephen) spake.
- Acts 7:59&60. And they stoned Stephen, calling upon God, and saying, Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord; lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
- Acts 17:16. Now while Paul waited for them (Silas and Timotheus) at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when he saw the city wholly given to idolatry.
These are just a few scriptures telling us about mans spirit, there are many more.
The reason I gave these verses because; I wanted you to see every man, woman, and child are moved by their spirit.
Please turn back again to the marriage instructions that the apostle Paul gave to members of the body of Christ.
Please turn to 1 Corinthians 7:10-17. And unto the married I command, not I, but the Lord. Let not the wife depart from her husband: But if she depart (leave), let her remain unmarried: or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.
But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be please to dwell with him, let him not put her away.
And the woman which hath a husband that believeth not, and if he be please to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
For the unbelieving husband, is sanctified (set apart, growing in holiness, because of the believing wife), by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified, (set apart) by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy (Because of the believing wife and the believing husband.) (The unbelieving husband or the unbelieving wife are not saved at this time.)
But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: But God hath called us to peace.
For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? Or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?
But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.
- Verse 33: But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.
- Verse 34: - - - But she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.
- Verse 39&40: The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is at liberty to married to whom she will, only in the Lord. But she is happier if she so abide, after my judgment: and I think also that I have the Spirit of God.
Please turn now to the book of Ephesians where the apostle Paul tells us about a husband and wifeís love for each other along with Christís love for His church.
Ephesians 5:22-33: I am going to take parts out of these verses and put them into two groups. One group will be about husbands and wives; the second group will be about the Lord and His church.
Husbands and Wives
- Verse 22 & 23. Wives submit yourselves unto your own husband, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife - - - -.
- Verse 25 Husbands love you wives - - - -.
- Verse 28 & 29 - - - - Men ought to love their wives as their own bodies (they are one body in marriage). He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh (the two are one flesh); but nourisheth and cherisheth it (himself and his wife), - - - -.
- Verse 31 For this cause (because God made male and female), shall a man leave (to start a new family) his father and mother, and shall be joined (marriage) unto his wife, and they two shall be (after marriage) one flesh.
- Verse 33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
The Lord and His church (BODY)
- Verse 23 - - - - Christ is the head of the church (all believers), and He is the saviour of the body (of believers).
- Verse 24 Therefore as the church (all believers) is (are) subject unto Christ - - - -.
- Verse 25 - - - - Christ also loved the church (all believers), and gave Himself for it;
- Verse 26 That He might sanctify and cleanse it (all believers) with the washing of water by the word,
- Verse 27 That He might present it to Himself a glorious church (all believers), not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it (all believers) should be holy and without blemish.
- Verse 29 & 30 - - - - nourisheth and cherisheth it (all believers), even as the Lord the church (all believers). For we are members of his body (all believers), of his flesh, and of His bones.
- Verse 32 This is a great mystery; but I speak concerning Christ and the church (BODY OF ALL BELIEVERS).
Please now turn to the book of Colossians chapter 3:18 & 19 Ė 21.
- Wives submit yourselves unto your husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
- Husbands love your wives, and be not bitter against them.
- Children obey your parents in all things: For this is well pleasing unto the Lord.
- Fathers provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.
- Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eye-service, as men-pleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing the God.
- And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as unto the Lord, and not unto men.
- Knowingthat of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: For ye serve the Lord Christ.
- But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong he hath done: And there is no respect of persons.:
Please now turn to Titus 2:2-5 which reads
- That the age men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
- The age women likewise, that they be in behavior as becomes holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
- That they might teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
- To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the Word of God be not blasphemed.
Please now turn to Hebrews 13:4 which reads:
- Marriageis honorable in all things, and the bed undefiled: But whoremongers (pimps, dealing or trading in promiscuous women) and adulterers (sex outside of marriage) God will judge.
Please now turn to 1 Peter 3:1-7 which reads:
- Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands: that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
- While they (the husband) behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear (this is not a domineering fear of the husband, it is her wanting to please her Father in Heaven).
- Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
- But let it be the hidden man of the heart (the Holy Spirit), in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a weak and quite spirit (her spirit), which is in the sight of God of great price.
- For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjected unto their own husbands; (How did holy women of old adorn themselves? By trusting in God, allowing the Holy Spirit into their lives, adorning a weak and quite spirit. Their trust in God and being in subjection to their husbands is their adornment.)
- Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.
- Likewise, ye husbands, dwell (spend time) with them (wives) according to knowledge, giving honor to the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
Now that you have gone through all the above scriptures with me on marriage and divorce;
- Can two alive believing Christians that are married in the Lord, divorce each other and remarry another, without he or she committing adultery?
Brother Jim, brother Ray, brother Weyman if your answer is yes, please go back over all these scriptures again and pray that our Lord will open up your understanding to what His Will is on why He instituted marriage for all couples.
The following is address to husbands and wives (from a book written by many people to give "Godís little instruction book for couples")
- Nothing beats love at first sight except love with insight, Prov. 4:7
- The direction of your thought can determine the course of your marriage, Prov. 4:23
- The great thing about being married a long time is falling in love with the same person again ---- and again - - - - and again. Prov. 5:18&19
- There is no more lovely, friendly and charming relationship, communion, or company than a good marriage. Prov.12: 4
- Lay aside life-harming heaviness and entertain a cheerful disposition. Prov.15: 13
- Ninety percent of the friction of daily life is caused by the wrong tone of voice, Prov. 15:23
- Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. Prov. 16:24
- Of all the home remedies, a good wife is the best. Prov. 18:22
- A thick skin is a gift from God, Prov.19: 11
- The difference between smooth sailing and shipwreck in marriage lies in what you as a couple are doing about the rough weather, Prov. 24:10
- Being married teaches us at least one very valuable lesion, to think before we speak. Prov. 25:11
- Many parents are finding out that a pat on the back helps develop charter - - - if given often enough, early enough, and low enough, Prov. 29:17
- When Adam was lonely, God created for him not ten friends, but one wife, Prov. 31:10
- My wife is very punctual. In fact, she buys everything on time, Prov. 31:11 (My wife does not do this, but I thought it was funny.)
- A woman must be a genius to create a good husband, Prov. 31:26
- A house is made of walls and beams; a home is made of love and dreams, Prov. 31:27
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brother Jim please take a look at 2 Peter 1: 19-21. We also have the prophetic word made more sure, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts; knowing this first, that NO prophecy of Scriptures is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.
Please also look at 2 Timothy 3:16. All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Please also look at Romans 15:4. For whatsoever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.
My Father (A Lutheran) married my Mother (A Roman Catholic). His family disowned him and her family disowned her. The Lutheran church put him out and the Roman Catholic Church excommunicated her.
My Uncle (A Roman Catholic) fell in love with my Aunt (A Lutheran). His family disowned him and her family disowned her. The Roman Catholic Church excommunicated him and the Lutheran Church put her out. They lived together as husband and wife until they both died in their eightyís. My Aunt was my Fatherís sister.
When War broke out with Japan, I enlisted in the United States Navy; my brother had already enlisted in the United States Army. I did not get to see my brother until after I was discharged from the U.S. Navy and when I did get to see him, he wanted me to be his Best Man at his wedding.
Before I left Illinois for my Navy Boot Training, both sides of our family got together and agreed that it would be all right for me to meet and see my sisters. Which was very strange to me, because I didnít know how to act around them, I just sat and listened to them talking. I do believe none of the family thought that my brother or I would come out of the War alive.
By now you should be able to see that I was born into a Black Sheep Family. When my Aunt and Uncle had taken me out of the Orphanage to be their son, I was separated from my brother and sisters. I was not allowed to see them or communicate with them in any form.
After the War my brother and his wife had a son, when the Vietnam Conflict broke out some young men were drifted into service, others refused to be drifted, and otherís left the country. My brotherís son was one of those that refused to be drafted. He and my brother were in total disagreement, and my brother disowned him and put him out of his home. Both my brother and his wife are gone now. His son went to Canada and I lost contact with him.
Excommunication from a church or disowned from a family, one is suppose to be spiritual and the other fleshly, but both end with the same results, Abandoned by both.
Yes I do know what it is like to be separated from my family and love ones.
I will close my letter to you with this poem: (Author Unknown, but known of God)
To give of self, and not to count the cost,
To learn, to teach, to labor, and to pray,
To serve as a servant of our Lord,
The least, the last, the lost ------
These were the beacon fires that lit the way.
I remain your brother in Christ
Return to Navigation