October Ė 2000
To: Jim, Ray, Weyman, Nathan, Bill, Jim (My Son), this is letter #12
Brother Jim and Brother Ray, I would like to tell you about an instructor I had for courses in Technical Speaking and Technical Writing at Citrus Collage. He was an older man well in his fiftyís, from a coal mining town in the south. His speaking was very vulgar and a lot of use of our Lords name in vain. I needed both of his classes to receive my certificate in Quality Control Engineering.
I told Sue, my wife, after a couple of his lecturers, that I donít think I could take much more of his vulgarity and his slandering of our Lord, that Iím strongly thinking of dropping his classes. "Why donít you talk to him first, "she said," before you drop his classes?"
I did talk to him and told him I was a Christian, that I could not take his slandering of my Lord and Savior and that I was thinking of dropping both of his classes. He did not want me to drop any of his classes and couldnít we work something out. I told him I have no trouble blocking out his ruff language, but I could not block out his using of the name of the Lord in vain. He said he would work on it.
The next class I had with him, he had the class laughing with one of his stories and stopped in the middle of it, and looked over at me, with a look on his face, that he had forgot his promise to me. I put both of my hands up over my ears to let him know I had blocked out what he was saying. Throughout the two classes while I was there he never used the name of our Lord in vain again. This is not the end of his help for me.
After each student in the class gave their talk, we class members were allowed to say what the good points were and not so good points. Our instructor would then go over what the student had given and correct both the student and the class. He was able to show the student speaking and the class where we both could make our improvements. He was a very fine and thorough instructor,
For Technical Speaking, I spoke about the Salvation of our Lord for all people. For Technical Writing, I wrote about the only church that our Lord Jesus Christ is building. Yes he allowed me to give Godís plan of salvation and write about the church that Christ is building.
When it came time for me to give my talk on Salvation, he waited until I had given my speech and before the class could say anything, he said: He would give the rebuttal for all us students. The subject matter was good and very complete, but I had a lot of improvements to make in my speech presentation. And he went over each point very carefully not only for me but also for the whole class. When he was finished I did thank him for his comments and the whole class gave me a round of applause. After the class two of the students came up to me and thanked me for what I had given and said they too were Christians. At each break time we got together and shared with each other how we were saved. It was a pleasure to hear what our Lord had placed in each of our hearts.
When it came time for my writing on the Lords church, the school had allowed us to go off campus and do our final test at a local restaurant. After we had eaten and the dishes were cleared away. Each student was given the opportunity to read their writings, or they could turn their papers in to be graded. I had chosen to read mine, as I stood and looked at the faces before me, I could see some were angry, some were glad, and some just didnít seem interested. I looked over at our instructor and his wife and they seemed very attentive on what I was giving. The class ended and our instructor said he would mail our grades to our homes. He thanked everyone for coming and to have a good spring vacation.
My grades never came, so when spring break was over I went to the office to find out what had happened. "Oh" Didnít you hear? He died during spring break! I was both sad and glad that our Lord had given me the opportunity to give His Word to my instructor and the class.
Brother Jim and Brother Ray please donít ever take lightly when a Christian comes to you and wants to give you something that the Lord has placed on his or her heart. Our Lord does use each and every one of us to help each other; we are committed to each other by our Lord Jesus Christ, to love one another, and to esteem the other better then ourselves. By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love one for another? Yes I did put that question mark at the end of the sentence and I donít believe that this is a question or a statement! It is a command, from our Lord and Savior that we are to love one another!
I would like to tell you of another person that our Lord put me in contact with. I was working in the Labís Cable Shop as an inspector and my supervisor came into my clean room. He had told me that he and his wife were Christians, he wanted to see how my inspection was going, so I stopped what I was doing and we talked for a while. While we were talking one of the inspectors on the line came in and asked me right out, if I couldnít help him to be saved.
I asked him if he knew what he was asking of me? He said that he did. Did he know what being saved meant? He said that he did? Do you know you will be asking Almighty God to forgive you of your sins? He said that he was. I looked at my supervisor and ask him, if he would allow us the time to pray together. He asked me if I could lead this inspector to the Lord. I told him I could. I asked him if he would stay and be a witness for the inspector, he said he would be glad too. I also asked him to stand by the door, to keep any one from entering while we both were praying.
We both talked awhile and I asked him more questions. I could tell by his answers that someone else had sown the seed of Godís Word. Someone else had also watered the seed, and it was on fertile ground, here was one that really wanted his sins forgiven, he wanted to get right with the Lord.
As I talked with Him, I told him that this prayer of his would be to the heavenly Father, and that he must understand that while he is praying, he will be alone with this heavenly Father, and no one else will be around, this prayer is only between you and the Lord.
I will not go into his prayer, because it was his prayer. But I did start him off with the Sinners Prayer: "Oh, Lord, Be Merciful To Me A Sinner." We knelt together on the floor, closed our eyes, and I had him repeat after me, which he did. I then told him it was now time for him to open up his heart to the lord, which he did. When we opened our eyes I looked at him and he seemed like a totally new man.
I put my arms around him and gave him a hug, and welcomed him to the Body Of Christ. I told him we were now brothers in the Lord. And that when the books are open at the great white throne, his name written in the book of life will not be blotted out, this is the Lambís Book of Life (the book that is being kept of all those that have truly believed in our Lord). And that I wished we could both be there in heaven, to hear the angels rejoicing over him accepting the Lord as his Savior.Rev.13: 8, 17:8, 20:11-15, and 21:17.
As I observe him through the next few months, there was a real change in his life, a real happiness and joy. He went about his job in a totally new attitude; he treated the people on the line with respect and they liked to have him as their inspector.
He wanted to meet my wife and children and he wouldnít take no for an answer. So my family did meet him at his home. His wife was not as friendly as he was, they both turned out to be Roman Catholics. A few weeks later he didnít report for work, we asked Personnel to check up on him and they reported back, that he had died. Because of his religion was he really saved? I can tell you without any doubt, his prayer to our Lord was genuine, right from his heart.
Brother Jim and brother Ray, I never became a better Christian by just going to meetings, by just sitting in a chair, by not entering into, and by not proving for myself what was being given from the Word of God. I could only become a better Christian if I would take what I had heard read from the Word of God at meetings, at retreats and start living it for my Lord. Taking all the truth that my Lord had given to me. And making everything I had learned a part of my mortal (dying) life. My new life started when I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ into my heart, and from then on, it had to be twenty-four hours of every day.
We believers come from all walks of life and each one of us has our own testimony that our Lord has given to us. And HE wants all Christians the world over to take a vital, strong part in HIS ministry. Many ministers today think that it is their ministry only, but it is not, it is HIS. And HE is allowing all Christians the world over to take a part in HIS ministry. HE wants all Christians to give back to mankind, what HE has given to each of us, just by giving out with our very own Christian life. Living your Christian life before the world, so they can see, hear, and feel with their hearts, there is something (Christ in you) different about us.
I would like to give here, some verses on edifying (the building up)
- Let us therefore follow after the things that make for peace, and the things wherewith one may edify another. Romans 14:9
- (What are the things that make for peace? Why of course the fruit of the Spirit, Ephesians 5: 9, Galatians 5:22 & 23. What are the things that edify one another? Why of course we are to LOVE ONE ANOTHER. 1 Corinthians 13:1-13)
- And He gave some, apostles (a); and some, evangelists (b); and some, pastors (c); and teachers (d). (No spiritual leaders here, all are servants for our Lord Jesus Christ) For the perfecting of the (HIS) saints (1), for the work of the (HIS) ministry (2). For the edifying of the (HIS) body of Christ (3) - - - - Ephesians 4:11 & 12
- (All items a-d are servants that our Lord has chosen that are able to accomplish the three fold purpose that our Lord has determined for them to perform. All items 1-3 are to come from the results of the servants BUILDING UP of the body of Christ. The two out standing works that they are to accomplish: Are PERFECTING of the saints and the EDIFYING of all members of the body of Christ.)
- How is it then, brethren? When ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm (1), hath a doctrine (2), hath a tongue (3), hath a revelation (4), and hath an interpretation (5). Let all things (items 1-5) be done unto edifying. 1 Corinthians 14:26
- (Lets just for now, if we could go back to this time in our spirit, we are all together in one place. Each one of us has a psalm we could give. We have listened to a doctrine (teaching) from one of the apostleís lets say Peter. Because we all do not speak the same languish, someone gives a blessing they have received of the Holy Spirit in an unknown tongue. Someone who understands this languish, gives all of us the interpretation. Everything was done decent and in order and everyone was blessed by all of us being together. This is your edifying of one another.).
- Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as you do. 1 Thessalonians 5:11
- (Donít you see what is going on here, everyone is a blessing to each other, they are building up each other, they are told: "This is what you are doing, keep it up")
- All the above verses bring out the building up of one another, never the tearing down, never the separating of, never the dividing up of any members!
I want you to know some of my early life before I became a Christian. My father was Norwegian and my mother was Irish. They married at a very young age and started having children. My father was a roofer by trade and like most roofers was a very heavy drinker. He became a father to three daughters and three sons. During this time he never gave up his drinking, and no money came home to take care of his wife or his children. No food on the table, no clothes on the childrenís backs, rent was not paid. The State of Illinois moved in and took away from him, his wife, one son, three daughters; the oldest son was killed by a dump truck while chasing after a ball into the street. The children the State put into an Orphanage.
Before I was born, my mother was put into a mental institution because of a nerviest breakdown. I was born in the institution and taken from her and put in the Orphanage with the rest of my family, one brother and three sisters.
I was very sick when I was born and remained sick for years. They had a very hard time keeping me alive until I was five years old. As I understand it, I was given to my oldest sister, it was her responsibility to keep me alive and to take care of me, she was ten years old at the time. I do remember her loving care; she not only had to take care of me, but also all the other babies in the nursery. Because I was very sick as a baby she always held me close to her heart, in her arms, humming or singing Irish lullabies. I do believe with all my heart my being there in her care, gave her the strength to carry on with her life. She and my other two sisters and brother when they became of age were discharged from the Orphanage. I was left alone with no one to relate too.
My father ended up on Skid Row in Chicago and at the age of forty-five, died of tuberculosis.
Why am I telling you all this? Because I want you to see how my fatherís life affected the life of seven others, through no fault of their own. I am sure when my mother married my father that she never thought she would spend the most of her adult life in a mental institution, or that her children would be taken from her, and end up in an Orphanage. One man who thought more of himself what was good for him than his own wife or his children.
Brother Jim and Brother Ray, I want to tell you the Lord took pity on my soul and my life. I am unworthy of the wife, or the children that He gave me. Everything that my father failed at in his life, I did not want any of it to become a part of mine. I would not drink or smoke, I would not swear. But I found out one day that was not enough to just live a good wholesome life.
I thought going to church every Sunday and living a clean moral life was what I had to do. But even that turned out not to be enough, I was still lacking something else in my life. I needed the Lord Jesus Christ in my life and I found out that was not enough, I needed to have a strong conviction in my heart and mind to believe in His Word and to let His Word become a part of my life. I soon found out that was not enough, I had to make my stand for the Lord and His Word. "The moon when it shines is just a reflection of the sun, we should shine for our Lord."
Yes Brother Jim and Brother Ray, every Believer worthy of the Name of our Lord and Savior goes through this same sequence of growth in their Christian life.
Brother Jim, Brother Ray, Brother Weyman you all have a great responsibility to all the members of the body of Christ that our Lord Jesus Christ has put into you care. Tell me something have any of you marked any members of your own families; cut them off with no association what so ever? One man who has no thought of others can cause a lot of damage and heartaches to any family. Again I will say over and over, just as the bible has cover the family life of a Christian with itís disciplines, so has the bible covered very clearly on how our Lord wants disciplines handled in the body of Christ. This has not been left unanswered by God!
Christian brethren of old have used our Lords disciplines very effectively and successfully throughout the years. You may think that you have resolved this situation on marking to your satisfaction but you have not solved the overall problem. As we would say in the military you have won the battle but you have not won the war. You have not seen the fallout yet; it may take two or three generations. As you well know Christians are not to go to law before the unjust and this is why this matter has not been taken into the courts of the unjust. And I must tell you brother Jim, brother Ray, and brother Weyman you have violated what is written in 1 Corinthians 6:1-5. Please note: "Discipline is not always correction sometimes itís instructions."
- Dareany of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unjust, and not before the saints?
- Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world?
- And if the world shall be judged by you.
- Are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matter?
- Know ye not that we shall judge angels?
- How much more things that pertain to this life?
- If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life - - - -
- - - - -"Set them to JUDGE, who are the least esteemed in the church."
- (This is where you have violated the Word of God, did you set up the least esteemed to judge this matter of marking?)
- I speak to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you?
- No, not one that shall be able to judge between his brethren?
You have not satisfied both sides, you have satisfied your side you think, but there is unrest in your camp, like a pot of water boiling, getting ready to boil over. When you force Christians to make a stand, when they are not sure in their own hearts, you have unrest, and they themselves will continue to have unrest until it is settled in their hearts and minds. I went through this phase of my Christian life, until the Word of God settled this issue for me. I know whose side I am on brother Jim, brother Ray, brother Weyman, the wining side, the LORDS SIDE.
I believe very strongly in my Lord and very strongly in His Word. I donít mind, when a minister will give a sermon using some of Godís scriptures, but I do mind very strongly when he uses some of Godís Words and makes a man made doctrine (a decree) for Christians, that Christians must live by (mandate) or be marked to be avoided (condemned). "This is dividing (separating) the body into two parts: Those that will obey you can stay and those that wonít obey you must leave (and treated as if they were dead)." "This is unscriptural and ungodly." You might say this is a hard saying, if you really think so, let me take you into the book of Daniel. And I would like you to match up in Daniel, what I have given to you in this paragraph.
"Obey Them That Have The Rule Over You"
Nebuchadnezzar King of Babylon
- "The King is the ruler over his nation."
- "The King has put his nation under state (National) religion."
- "The King enforces the state religion."
- "The King issues the punishment."
- "The King can relinquish the punishment."
- "The King is able to eradicate the former decree."
"To Serve and Worship the God in Heaven"
Jewish Men; Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego
- "The three men understood the Decree that the king mandated."
- "The three men disregarded the kings decree; they would not fall down (serve), nor worship the dumb idol."
- "The three men were disobeying the kings total command:"
- "The three men had made their choice between God and Manís commandment."
- "The three men knew the punishment for disobeying the king."
- "The three men were not sure of Godís salvation (to deliver them) for obeying Him."
- "The three men would stand fast in their convictions, to serve and only worship God."
- "The three men learned of Godís protection over the punishment of man."
Do you see the parallel between Your Doctrine on markings and the Kings Decree?
Do you see the parallel between the stand that Christian have made against Your Doctrine and the three Jewish menís stand taken against the Kings Decree?
In Daniel the third chapter we are going to read about king Nebuchadnezzar and three Jewish men, named Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego these were the names that were given to them by the prince of the eunuchs. Brother Earl La Force never did like these Babylonian names, he always wanted us to call them by their Jewish names: Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, and in the memory of Brother Earl La Force that is what I will do.
The king made an image of gold (a god that man made), whose height was threescore cubits (90 feet high) and the breadth thereof six cubits (9 feet wide): he set it up in the plain of Dura, in the province of Babylon. (Brother John gave us these measurements at a Sunday meeting.)
Then Nebuchadnezzar the king sent to gather together the princes, the governors, and the captains, the judges, the treasurers, and all the rulers of the provinces (All those that have authority were to be there), to come to the dedication of the golden image, which Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up.
When all the above, were assembled together for the dedication of the golden image that king Nebuchadnezzar had set up. As they all stood before the golden image, a herald cried aloud; O people, nations, and languages, that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, dulcimer, and all kinds of music, you (those in authority also) are to fall down (serve) and worship the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king hath set up;
And whosoever (all people) do not fall down (serve) and worship the image shall the same hour be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace (the death penalty for those that display any sign of disobedience,).
Therefore at that time, when all the people heard the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and all kinds of music, all the people, the nations, and the languages, fell down (serve) and worshiped the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar, the king had set up.
Therefore at that time certain Chaldeans came near, and accused the Jews. They spoke and said to the king Nebuchadnezzar, O king live forever. Thou, O king, hast made a decree, that every man that shall hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kind of music, shall fall down (serve) and worship the golden image: And whoso falleth not down (serve) and worships, that he should be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace.
There are certain Jews, whom thou hast set over the affairs of the province of Babylon, (Hananiah), (Mishael), and (Azariah); these men, O king have not regarded thee: they serve not thy gods, nor worship the golden image, which thou hast set up.
Then Nebuchadnezzar in his rage and fury commanded to bring, Hananiah (Jehovah is gracious), Mishael (who is what God is), and Azariah (Jehovah is keeper). Were brought before the king.
Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them; is it true, O Shadrach (Hananiah), Meshach (Mishael), and Abed-nego (Azariah) do not ye serve my gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up?
Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of music, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well; but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands? (The king is not going to change his mind, he is steadfast isnít he?)
Then (Hananiah), (Mishael), and (Azariah), answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us out of thy hand, O king.
But if not, be it known unto thee: O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image, which thou hast set up.
Then was Nebuchadnezzar full of fury, and the form of his visage was changed against (Hananiah), (Mishael), and (Azariah): therefore he spake, and commanded that they heat the furnace one seven times more than it was wont to be heated.
And he commanded the mightiest men that were in his army to bind (Hananiah), (Mishael), and (Azariah), and to cast them into the midst of the burning fiery furnace
Therefore because the kingís commandment was urgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flame of the fire slew those men that took up (Hananiah), (Mishael), and (Azariah).
And these three men, (Hananiah), (Mishael), and (Azariah), fell down bound into the midst of the fiery furnace.
Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonied (astonished), and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counselors: Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.
He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
Then Nebuchadnezzar came near the mouth of the burning fiery furnace, and spake, and said, (Hananiah), (Mishael), and (Azariah), ye servants of the most high God, come forth, and come hither. Then (Hananiah), (Mishael), and (Azariah), came forth of the midst of the fire.
And the princes, governors, and captains, and the kingís counselors, being gathered together, saw these men (1), upon whose bodies the fire had no power (2), nor was an hair of their head singed (3), neither were their coats changed (burned), (4), nor the smell of fire had passed (into) on them (5).
Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of (Hananiah), (Mishael), and (Azariah), who hath sent His angel (1), and delivered His servants that trusted in Him (2), and changed (frustrating) the kingís word (3), and yielded their bodies (4), that they might not serve nor worship any god (5), except their own God (6).
Therefore I make a decree, that every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss (improper) against the God of (Hananiah), (Mishael), and (Azariah), shall be cut in pieces, and their houses (generations, descendants from a common ancestor) shall be made a dunghill: because there is no other God that can deliver after this sort.
Then the king promoted Shadrach (Hananiah), Meshach (Mishael), and Abed-nego (Azariah), in the province of Babylon.
King Nebuchadnezzar reaction to all that has happened before him!
- "The King is astonished by what is happening."
- "He sees four men loose, walking, not hurt."
- "He sees the form of the forth is like the Son of God."
- "He is seeing these men upon whose bodies the fire has no power."
- "He is noticing also that the hair on their heads is not singed."
- "He is also noting that the clothes of the men is not burned."
- "He can not smell the smoke of fire on them."
The King praises the God of these three Jewish men."
"For sending His Angel to protect these men." "For delivering His servants that trusted in Him." "For changing (frustrating) his words (kings) from condemnation to praise." "For helping him to understand why God yielded (spared) their lives." "That they might not Serve nor Worship any god, Except their Own God."
- "The King makes another decree."
- "His decree; that every people, nation, and language, which speak any thing amiss (wrongly) against the God of these Jewish men, shall be cut to pieces."
- "He is not finished; and their houses (their generations) shall be made a dunghill."
- "The King declares; there is no other God that can deliver after this sort."
- "The King thinks so highly of these Jewish men, he promotes them in the province of Babylon."
Brother Jim, Brother Ray, Brother Weyman:
- Do you believe these three Jewish men had the God given right to DISOBEY those that had the rule over them?
- Do you believe that the king had the God given right to SET OVER these Jewish men whom they shall obey, serve and worship?
- Do you believe that the king had the God given right to PUNISH these three Jewish men for obeying, serving, and worshipping the God of Heaven and Earth?
- Do you believe that all believers have the God given right to make their OWN DECISION to whom (for) or what (against) they will obey, serve, and worship?
- Do you believe God will PROTECT all who obey Him?
Brother Jim, Brother Ray, Brother Weyman, donít you see what you have allowed to take place in the lives of Christians that we know?
- Someone has made a doctrine (decree) on church disciplines and has mandated it.
- Christians are disregarding this false doctrine, and are not falling down (serving) or worshiping (honoring) it.
- Christians are disobeying this false doctrine.
- Christians have made their choice to serve Godís Word not men.
- Christians know what the punishment is for disobeying men: "marked to be avoided (treated as if dead, having their lives cut off) from other Christians."
- Christians would rather have the salvation of God by obeying Him.
- Christians would rather have the protection of God over the punishment of men.
- You force them to make the choice to obey them that have the rule over them?
- You tell them if they do not obey, they are not obeying God and his Word?
- You ask them to confess their sins, for disobeying Godís Word, when they are obeying Godís Word by disobeying manís words?
- You tell them if they do not confess their sins, for disobeying manís words, when they are obeying Godís Word, they are to be marked and to be avoided?
Brother Jim, Brother Ray, Brother Weyman, many of those that you have marked, were in the past not mere seat warmers. They were and are productive laborers in the work of our Lord and are contributors to the church, which is Christ Body. They are singers, tract writers, ministers to the sick and afflicted, and above all, testimonies to and for ministers of our Lord Jesus Christ. They have not stopped living their Christian life that our Lord has given them.
Brother Jim and Brother Ray, Brother Weyman, in the following I will give you words from the scriptures, I earnestly pray you will see their import, and that it may help to heal greaves wounds you have caused in the body of Christ.
- I would ask of you at this time: Why? For what reason, did our Lord have the apostle Paul use such words (that are to follow) in his letters?
- Was it for all believers to pay attention too?
- Was it not because this is what was happening to them in their own personnel lives, all around them in other unbelieverís lives, and could happen to any of them and other believers (us) in the future if we are not on guard?
Brother Jim, maybe you donít realize this, but you have contributed all of the following statements to your marked brothers and sisters in Christ, by this false doctrine on church disciplines!
- I would like to ask you, if any of the brethren that you have marked in the past twenty years, are they Living in sins of the flesh?
- What False Doctrines are they teaching, or holding on too?
- What Evil are marked believers doing before the eyes of Our Lord?
- What Deception has marked believers caused among believers in the Lord?
- What Foolish Talking (a lack of good sense) has any of them done, that is not worthy of the Lord Jesus Christ?
- Do you consider them to be your Brothers and Sisters in the Lord?
- Do you consider them to be Children of the Most High God?
- Do you believe that their End is in the lake of fire?
- Do you believe that they are the Enemies of the cross of Christ?
- Do you believe that they Glory in their shame. (Tell me their shame if any?)
- Do you believe that they Mind earthy things instead of heavenly things?
- Do you consider them to have Fallen from Grace?
- Do you consider them Children of the Devil?
- Do you consider them to be Hypocrites?
- Do you consider them to be Heretics?
- Are any of those brethren you have marked Offending you?
- Are any of these brethren Walking Disorderly before God and fellow Christians?
- Are any of them False Accusers (accuses brethren of sin they have not committed?)
- Were any of them Busybodies (meddlers, one who mix into other peopleís affairs?)
- Were any of them not willing To Work for themselves to support themselves or their wives and their children?
- Were any of them Fornicators (sex acts not married?)
- Were any of them Adulterers (sex acts outside of marriage?)
- Were any of them Covetous (greedy, greed for riches or something not needed?)
- Were any of them Idolaters (one who worships idols?)
- Were any of them Servants of the Devil (whoís god is their belly, they serve their own selves)?
- Were any of them Railers (one who violently complains or ridicules?)
- Were any of them Drinkerís (one who is alcoholic?)
- Were any of them Extortioners (one that uses his authority dishonestly?)
- Were any of them Reprobates (to be disapproved of strongly, lost in sin, rejected by God?)
- Were any of them False Teachers (deceiving the hearts of the simple, naive)?
- Were any of them Backbiters (one that speaks about someone behind their back, instead of to their face?)
- Were any of them filled with Lasciviousness (expressing lust, lewdness, wantonness?)
- Were any of them Whoremongers (pimps, dealing or trading in promiscuous women?)
- Can you name any that are without Natural Affections (one that has no normal feelings for another person?)
- Can you name any that were or have been Trucebreakers (one that will make a stand for our Lord and canít keep it?)
- Can you name any that are Incontinent (one that can not restrain themselves?)
- Can you name any that are Boasters (one that put themselves above the Lord?)
- Can you name any that are Blasphemers (one that uses the Word or Name of the Lord in vain?)
- Can you name any that are Unthankful (one that is not praising the Lord for saving their soul and all His blessings?)
- Can you name any that are High-minded (one that is self elevated in their ideas?)
- Can you name any that are Unholy? (Wicked, immoral in conduct, not separated unto the Lord?)
- Can you name any that are Despisers of those that are good?
- Can you name any that are Unruly, Vain Talkers, and Deceivers?
- Can you name any that are Denying the power of the Holy Spirit in their lives?
- Can you name any that have Turned Away from the truth of Godís Word?
- Can you name any that have Subverted (destroy completely, ruin, undermine, corrupt, overthrow) whole houses (generations) of believers?
Brother Jim, again I ask of you: When you use such words as void, purge out, have no company with, donít eat with, cut off, have no fellowship with, withdraw from, donít partake with, be aware of, reject, and be at peace about it, and apply all these words that have been taken out of their contexts in scriptures to Godly Christians that are serving and worshipping their Lord in Heaven, is this being godly or rightly dividing the scriptures?
Why do you think the apostle Paul used all these words in his letters? Do you believe it was for the following?
- "Donít you think it was to make us more faithful and strong believers in our Lord Jesus Christ"?
- "Why do you think that in the past ministers our Lord had given us, preached on Christian Lives,Christian Homes, and the church that is Christ Body?"
- "Why did they feel that Strong Christians Lives should be number one in their Ministry?"
- "Why did they feel that Strong Christian Homes should be number two in their ministry?"
- "Why did they feel that the church which is Christ Body should be number three in their ministry?"
- "Was it because these ministers, knew that the Jesus Christ is the head of His church, that He said He would never leave them or forsake them? And that He was the one that would convict, discipline, and forgive His members?"
- "How do you see the church which is Christ Body in the world today? Isnít the church of true believers scattered throughout the world?
- "If you were to meet most of these believer in our Lord today, wouldnít you have to go out into this world around you?
- "Was it because these ministers of old, could see from the apostle Paulís writings, that all Christians had the need to know about all of the above situations, in order not to suffer loss, but to be able to live a strong separated Christian lives for their Lord?"
- Being a strong Christian in the Lord does bring forth a strong Christian life.
- Being a strong Christian in the Lord does build into a strong Christian Marriage.
- Being a strong Christian in the Lord does lead into strong Christian parents.
- Being a strong Christian in the Lord does bring forth strong Christian children.
- Being a strong Christian in the Lord does hold together a strong Christian assembly with a testimony of unity for our Lord.
- Being a strong Christian in the Lord will bring forth strong Servants of our Lord, whom our Lord can use to spread His Word.
Yes, these old ministers in the past spoke on the church that is Christ Body. But they had enough sense to know that it was His church not theirs.
- That He is the only one that adds daily to His church such as should be saved.
- That He sees to it (by the Holy Spirit) that there are no unsaved members in His church.
- That He does the convicting of all sinners saved and unsaved, of sin, righteous, and judgment, by His Holy Spirit.
- That it is to Him that all sins against Almighty God are to be confessed to Him not man.
- That it is He who wants us to confess our own sins to each other, when we have sinned against each other. So that we may learn how and what it is to love one another.
Where do you think this came from? When any of our children have hurt someone: We tell them to go to that person and tell them you are sorry?
Past ministers of our Lord never called themselves LEADERS. They called themselves SERVANTS of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We knew them to be Evangelist, Pastors, and Teachers.
- We knew what their responsibilities were as evangelists, pastors, and teachers. They were soul winners, they were shepherds; they were explainers of Gods word to us.
- We knew what a Bishop was, about his qualifications and what his duties were.
- We knew what a Deacon was, about his qualifications and what his duties were.
- We knew what an Elder was, about his qualifications and what his duties were.
I would like to know from each of you Brother Jim, Brother Ray, Brother Weyman, what service you think our Lord Jesus Christ called you for? I know you all believe you are ministers of our Lord.
- Are you called to be an Evangelist, Pastor, and teacher?
- If you are an Elder, who recognized you as an Elder?
- If you are a Bishop, who recognized you as a Bishop?
- If you are a Deacon, who recognized you as a Deacon?
- Do you believe you are a spiritual Leader?
- Do you believe you are a Ruler over His children?
- Do you now believe that our Lord Jesus Christ has done away with Evangelist, Pastors, Teachers, Elders, Bishops, and Deacons?
- Do you believe our Lord Jesus Christ has now put into effect what is called by some Rulers over the church called Christ Body?
- Do you believe that our Lord Jesus Christ has now put into effect those that are more spiritual over those that are less spiritual?
- Do you believe that our Lord Jesus Christ has now put into effect spiritual Leaders that are above those that are more spiritual, over them that are less spiritual?
The last letter I received from brother Maurice dated May 8, 1972, he ended his letter with this paragraph:
"Now the God of peace that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is well-pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever, Amen."
A servant and solder of
The Lord Jesus Christ.
Signed: Maurice Johnson
Do you think ANY MAN has the God given right to control a brother and force him to disbelieve in Godís written Word? When they believe that your doctrine given on church discipline is not according to Godís Word?
- Who has spoken to manís spirit, so he would realize that he was sinner?
- Who awakened manís spirit that after death there would be judgment?
- Who awakened manís spirit, that he was a lost sinner before Almighty God?
- Who awakened manís spirit, to let him know about the Salvation of the Lord?
- Who awakened manís spirit that he must believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved?
- Who awakened manís spirit, to understand that there really is a heaven and a hell?
- Who awakened manís spirit, that he must make the choice himself, between heaven or hell that God could not and would not make it for him?
- Who awakened manís spirit to the Word of God?
- Who awakened manís spirit that he could and should believe in Godís Written Word?
- Who awakened manís spirit that he must worship God in spirit and in truth?
"The Holy Spirit, thatís who!"
I do believe with just these few statements you can see, that Almighty God does not use man to take over control of a brothers spiritual beliefs.
- Three men were walking on a wall, Feeling, Faith, Fact,
- When Feeling had an awful fall, And Faith was taken back.
- So close was Faith to Feeling. He stumbled and fell too,
- But Fact remained, and pulled Faith back, and Faith brought Feeling too.
FEELING: Mans FAITH: Believers FACT: Gods Written Word
I remain your brother in Christ
Return to Navigation