A Father's Love For His Children
Our Lord has put a MARK on all true believers, the mark of Love.
- A new commandment I give you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this shall all know that you are My disciples, if you have love one for the another." John 13:34&35; 1 Thessalonians 4:9
This is an open letter to all my children and love ones who are still in the group.
As a Christian father the life that I have lived must be to the best of my ability, but I will fall far short of my goal if I donít live my life for our Lord in the love that He has placed in my heart. This is my testimony to my children and to all of my love ones in the group.
- Unless the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain who build it - - Psalm 127:1
I must first tell you all as the head of my family, that I failed miserably in my responsibility for your spiritual welfare, I was fast asleep to what was going are around me in the assembly. It took the marking of many Christians in a short period of time for me to say; "What is going on here!" I asked questions, but got no answers that put my soul at rest. One day a marked brother ask me this question, what do you think of the markings? I answered that they make me sick! Already some of my family members, one at a time had left the assembly. I will cover more in this letter later.
I cannot show my fatherís love towards you my children because you will not let me. You of yourself have cut off my love that I have for you. Because of men I truly believe who think more of the love of themselves, then for our Lord. As a Christian father who loves his children, the Lord and all His children, I plead with you please stop and think what man has done to you.
- And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4
You have cut off your Christian love not only to your family members, but also to all of Godís children that are not in your group, your heart has become hard as stone to all those who truly love you.
- And he (Elijah) will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children - - Malachi 4:5
Can you truly say from your heart, you have no place in your Christian life for me your father? Have I become such an outcast to you because I took my stand for Godís word and not manís word?
- And the hearts of the children to their fathers - - - - Malachi 4:6
I, as a believer, am crucified with Christ, the big I in me is no longer to live, because of Christ that lives in me. The life I am to live in this flesh I am to live by faith in Jesus Christ the Son of God, who Loved me and Gave Himself for me. Taken from Gal.2:20
- LoveI am told is long suffering and is kind.
I am reminded to what love is not to be and I as a Christian father should keep them ever handy in my mind.
- Lovedoes not envy, does not parade itself, is not puffed up, does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil, does not rejoice in iniquity.
When iniquity does abound it always destroys that which is good.
- Lovebears all things, believes (holds fast to that which is true) all things, endures all things. Love never fails! 1 Cor.13:7-8
This is the love I am counting on to win you back to me.
- God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16.
What a sacrifice by God of His Son for the sins of all mankind and He freely did this because of His love, that you and I would not die in our sins. I am so glad He never forgot any of us even when we tried to live our lives without Him. He still wanted us for His own!
- By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. 1 John 3:16
To think I would not have known real love if Our Lord had not freely given His life in ransom for me. I am asked what will I give in return for other believers in Christ, my life if need be!
- Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! 1 John 3:1
I can not tell you what an honor it is to be call a child of God, just think He has given us this joy to be numbered with Him in His family!
As my days here on planet earth will come to a close soon, as I am in my 80ís, will you my children be standing at my grave side with the rest of my children, and loved ones in our Lord to say your final goodbye to me?
- Childrenís children are the crown of old men, and the glory of children is their father. Proverbs 17:6
Will your heart be as stone and say to me: "Daddy I donít love you anymore and I will not be at your grave site, because you donít love and serve the Lord the way the men in the group have told me you should!" What has happened to the natural love that God has placed in the hearts of all mankind for their fatherís and motherís, has that love been taken from you?
- As for me and my house (family), we will serve to Lord (Jesus Christ).
Have you, my children forgotten so soon the love we shared together through all your years of growing up. I have rejoiced with you when you were happy and sad with you when you were sad. My children I never left your side as your father, you were and always will be in my heart, you are still very dear to me. What a joy you brought to all of us when you were born, to have you as new members of our family.
- Do you really believe in your heart that your father is a heretic,
- That your father is one to be avoided as one with leprosy,
- That your father is a railer against God and His word,
- That your father is one you should not eat a meal with,
- That your father is one not to be seen with or to keep company with me?
- Has your father become such an outcast in your mind that you would and could believe any of this?
- "The living, the living man, he shall praise You, as I do this day; The father shall make known Your truth to the children." Isaiah 38:19
I, as your father, had to take my stand for the Lord and His word. I spent long hours in His word for fear I would disappoint Him, by not understanding the things He wanted me to know. I went into His word with fear and came out rejoicing in the freedom He gave me from men, who wanted to control me in everything I believe, say, or do, with my Christian life, my Christian family, and with the Lord and His word.
- Here am I and the children whom the Lord has given me! Isaiah 8:18
Do your really believe your mother should have been marked also (Dec. 2000) to be avoided, from the one whose body you were born, and with tender loving cared for you all those years you were growing up, because of the stand I took for the Lord.
Donít you see the fear they put in her heart? She was told her marking would be lifted if she would not stand with me. She knew if she did stand with me her husband that she and I would have to separate, she would have to leave me or I her. Is this your way of thinking too? Where in the Bible is such a thing written, to give any men the authority to mark a Christian wife for taking her stand beside her husband who she has been married to for over 50 years and to put such condemnation on a fellow believer, his wife and entire family!
- A man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they two shall become one flesh.
Marriage and the keeping of this union together, is on the husbands shoulder.
- Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning "made them male and female," and said, "for this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh"?
- So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. "Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate." Matthew 19:4-6; Genesis 1:27; Genesis 2:24: Genesis 5:2.
You know by now she did not do this, she took her place by my side in which I truly do thank the Lord, we have been together going on fifty years this May 12, 2006.
Can you stand before me, looking at me, and say that you would throw away my love and your mothers love, because of some men you have had no personal close ties with, that havenít loved you or could love you as much as mom and I have and still do?
My children, mom and I have heavy hearts because we miss all of you so, but I, as your father, cannot make the change to the better for you, this you all have to do for yourselves, this is the stand you must take for the Lord. My prayer for you all is that you make your stand for the Lord and His word, not for man, as your mom and I have done.
Open up your bible as I did, get alone with the Lord and His word, ask Him for His help in this matter and my children the victory will be all of ours in the Lord.
From your (for I am yours you know) loving Christian father, that our Lord has placed you with/in this earthy fatherís care, for safety and above all to keep us together in the strong bond of family love. "Your Heavenly Fatherís Care - Psalm 139:1-18"
Father and grandfather,
P.S. "Oh how I would love to take each of you in my arms and hold you all every so tight"
Return to Navigation