Matt. 16:18; Eph. 1:22-23; 2:19-22; 4:16As you read the above references carefully it will become evident that we who know Christ in the forgiveness of sins are to recognize, so far as God is concerned, only ONE body, one church. Scriptures are all too clear that man-made, man-organized, man-governed, money-controlled religious institutions are counterfeits of the one true church Christ is building.
Following are reasons enough to believe this:
1. Denominations divide the people of God while they yoke saved and unsaved together in unholy fellowship. 1 Cor. 1:10; Phil. 1:27; 2 Cor. 6:14-18.
2. They substitute sectarian names and programs for the Name and program of Christ. Col. 3:17; 2 Tim. 3:16-17.
3. With few exceptions, they hire seminary-trained, professional preachers with stipulated salaries. But God's faithful ministers reject any such guarantees, preferring, instead, to "walk by faith, not by sight" - and relying on the promise of Phil. 4:19. 2 Cor. 5:7.
4. They elect elders and deacons. But God says, "know them [recognize who they are] which labor among you." He did not say, "elect them" 1 Thess. 5:12-13.
5. More often than not they teach tithing, using such passages as Mal. 3:9-10 that has nothing to do with giving to support God’s program for today. 2 Cor. 9:6-7.
6. Paganism (Xmas & Easter) is rampant among them, but just think how it boosts the churches' (tax-free) income twice a year - giving the churches something to really celebrate!
7. They practice physical ordinances, which are nothing more than the corruption, or modifications, of Judaism. Col. 2:6; Phil. 3:3; John 4:24; Acts 17:23-25
8. They foster a distinction between clergy and laity (handed down from Rome) for social and financial gain—even sporting license plates that tell us they are clergy, (one step above the rest of us).
9. Most preachers in these sectarian organizations unblushingly assume the title of "Reverend" or "Most Reverend," which belongs to God alone! Psa. 111:9; John. 5:44.
10. And, not one of these denominational ministers dares to preach "ALL the counsel of God," (Acts 20:20; 26-27) for to do so would soon dissolve the organization itself; especially if the above items were exposed by the preacher for what they are!Bob Thompson
Return to Navigation